𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 ;

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ; 𝐇𝐈𝐌

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Both you and Loid stared awkwardly at each other while Anya look at you and then at her father and then back at you.

"Auntie!"

"Call me that one word in public again, and I'm sure I will—" You exhaled a breath through your gritting teeth and stopped yourself from continuing the sentence. Your sharp gaze shifted to her father who unconsciously flinched.

"Mr. Forger, please teach your daughter some manners in addressing someone. I'm still unmarried and my age didn't go past 25 yet!"He was startled when you suddenly raised your voice over something small matter. However, he knows it is better to not bring it up.

"I'll keep it in mind, Ms. Schneider."He cleared his throat.

"But may I ask what are you doing here? I thought you work as a doctor in the nearest hospital?"

"I am but I also need to do side earnings. The higher-ups told me to run this boutique as we are lacking places to exchange information and missions with other agents. On the bright side,  they will raise my salary if I agree. I couldn't find myself in a position to refuse."

"How about the other workers? Are they trustable?"

"Don't worry. They're my underlings."

"Under— what?"The male blinked his eyes in disbelief. To his credit, he’s quick to hide the shock and compose his features back to normal. "Are you an agent or a mafia?"

"Silly question. I'm both."You cracked a laugh."That one time where I was accidentally involved in a gang fight because their leader threw a wine bottle at my head and I won. Now they work  under me and follow me everywhere."

"Congratulations?"

"It'd sound better if you didn't make it sound like a question."There was a pause when you turned around, eyes wandering across to room.

"The one with ginger hair, yes you."You called out with a nod when she pointed at herself. "Can you get this little girl's measurements?"

She bowed her head slightly down. "Right away, ma'am."

Loid's hand stops mid-motion, and you witnessed the reaction that took place on his face as he turns to you in perplexity with a glance. You avert your gaze away when you could feel his stare penetrating the back of your head for an answer.

"Is there something wrong?"

"I could understand if it was you but what's she doing in this dark organization of yours?"

"The guys only do heavy labor while those girls are the fairly recently requited agents who have skills with their hands."You pondered what you have said.

"In sewing clothes, I mean."You reworded your sentence which made Loid tilt his head a slight in perplexity but he didn't question you any further.

Drumming his gloved fingers against the counter aimlessly, he peeks at the clock mounted on the wall behind you.

10 minutes has passed since Anya asked the direction for the restroom, probably taking a bit longer since she suddenly complained she had a stomachache and he planned to bring her to the doctor once they finished taking any important details about her school uniform.

Loid turned his head to look at you, who's focusing on counting the finances of the boutique.

Don't you think it was risky?