𝟐 | 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐦

𝒄𝒉𝒓𝒚𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒎 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎 ┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

Dashing outside of the cafeteria through the back door, you're in a trance as Su-Hyeok pulls you every which way, trying and ultimately failing to find even a sliver of escape.

"Whatever happens, don't let go," Su Hyeok says as he locks your fingers together, giving it a quick squeeze.

Your hopes at a chance of survival dwindle as all paths around you begin and end with the undead. That is, until Su-Hyeok stops short and you notice the school's groundskeeper balancing perilously atop a single step of the high-rise ladder meant for cleaning windows. You have nothing but respect for the older man combatting away with the sharp garden shears in his possession, cursing all the while as numerous zombies vie for his attention beneath his feet. Despite his efforts, one eventually succeeds in clutching onto his ankle, hauling him to the ground as the ladder topples along with your heart at the macabre scene of his turning.

Zoning out the screech of terror and squelching of mutilation, you and Su-Hyeok glance at one another simultaneously, knowing that the ladder left behind from the gardener's death was the sole chance for you to live.

In the classroom a few floors up, Cheong-San and On-Jo pound frantically and desperately on the wooden doors as Gyeong-Su and Wu-Jin struggle with all their might to keep it shut from the inside.

"Don't you dare open that door! I'm warning you! We can only trust those in this room right now. What makes you think they made it out of the cafeteria all in one piece?" Na-Yeon slates. "Lock. The. Door," she stresses through clenched teeth.

Cheong-San slides open the window at last and sticks his head in. "I swear if you don't open the door right this minute, Gyeong-Su!"

Seeing his friend alive is enough confirmation for Gyeong-Su, even if it's not for Wu-Jin. Disregarding the protests, he musters up all his strength and shoves Wu-Jin tumbling into the corner. Finally seeing On-Jo unharmed, I-Sak runs over to give her a hug. "Are you okay? What about the others?"

"Yeah I'm oka–" On-Jo's reply is cut short as Dae-Su all but charges into the room from the sliding door being left ajar.

"What the hell? Who are you?" Wu-Jin questions as he prepares to push out the intruder.

"How can you not recognize your brother-in-law? Have we not been on the same page all these years?"

"In my defense, we were never even in the same library," Wu-Jin counters, but allows Dae-Su the right of passage anyway. As Dae-Su plops down in a nearby chair much too small for him, he swipes at his face, not that that was much help seeing as his whole body was covered in white sodium bicarbonate powder.

"Did you fight with a snowman on the way here or what?"

Dae-Su glares at Wu-Jin. "No, some crazy jerk decided to hose me down with a fire extinguisher. I must've been too hot in their eyes."