𝟗 | 𝐊𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐚

𝒌𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒂 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 ┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

"Is that...Gw—Gwi-Nam?" On-Jo splutters, unsteadily clutching onto your arm with one hand.

"I wish it wasn't."

Gwi-Nam hurdles over the banister easily, locked in on a sole target, disregarding Su-Hyeok battling with multiple belligerent zombies in the corner. In the meantime, Cheong-San shakes himself out of his reverie, coming back from his momentarily lapse after being frozen in place due to Gwi-Nam's unsolicited presence, smacking the latter clear across the face with a folded tripod still gripped stringently in both hands. If it were any other person—any normal human being—that harsh contact of the metal bookplate would have resulted in a broken facial skeleton in the best-case scenario, and death in the worst.

But, Gwi-Nam is no ordinary human being—not anymore.

He calmly twists his cracked neck back into position, bending it with a harsh snap whilst leering psychotically.

On-Jo is a mess next to you, panicking as she breathes out shallowly through her nose. Both down below and above, misfortune is running high.

Decidedly, On-Jo switches places with Dae-Su, Wu-Jin, and Joon-Yeong, doing everything in her power to get through the sealed exit with the full force of her petite body. The three boys instantly aid in grappling with the slowly slipping tarp, weighed down by a constant stream of incoming zombies.

You chew on your lip hard as you see Gwi-Nam hauling Cheong-San by the collar toward him, free hand gradually moving closer toward his head. Cheong-San shouldn't have to be the one dealing with the repercussions alone, particularly since you and him were in it together, having sent Gwi-Nam to his alleged demise. 'No one gets left behind' has been the tacit rule from the start of the outbreak, and Cheong-San was one of the uppermost people you couldn't sacrifice, even less so in this kind of way.

Not being able to take it anymore, you surge down the stairwell, indistinctly cognizant of another set of footsteps padding behind you. Without a care for the consequences, you use all your strength to wrench Gwi-Nam's hand backward.

"Perfect," Gwi-Nam sneers, swiveling his head to the right, lopsided eye socket fixated on you as the good one glances lazily away from Cheong-San. "Just the people I wanted to see."

Despite being skilled enough to fight off any other opponent in combat thanks to your father's training, Gwi-Nam casts you to the floor effortlessly, hand now back to gripping Cheong-San's face, thumb digging into his orbital cavity with ill intent to gouge, smirking all the while. "An eye for an eye will suffice."

Precipitously, Nam-Ra is alongside you, helping you back to your feet before sidestepping over your form, hoisting Gwi-Nam into the air by his neck, her fingers curling and digging into the soft flesh. "Why didn't you die? Why won't you die?"