My Safety

JINX'S POV..

     I stared at Fizzle as she helped me plan out stuff for how we were going to get the enforcer. I felt my breathing get heavy as my mind traveled to.. odd places, and my breathing caught her attention. She looked up at me with her tired eyes, and her perfect lips. I stared at her lips, not even realizing she was talking. I caressed her jaw with my hand, rendering her speechless. Her mouth was open just that little bit that made our lips fit together like a puzzle piece.

     "I know I'm crazy.. but you make me insane, Fizzle." I say, as she can barely get a breath out. The blush becomes visible on her face and I lean in closer. I close the gap between us as she drops the pencil that she was holding onto the paper. She moves her now free hand onto my waist, holding me gently. I leaned into her touch, it being my favorite thing. She knew how to be soft and gentle with me, unlike others. I broke apart the kiss, leaning my forehead against hers. We both had our eyes closed and we were both trying to catch our breath slowly.

     "That was sweet of you, Jinxy.." She says, looking at me. I smile at her.

     "I'm tired, we need a break from all of this.." I say, my eyes becoming visibly tired and darker. She stands up and grabs my hand, leading me to the bed across the platform. She sits me down on the bed and gets behind me. I hear her grab something from the table, and then sit behind me. She unclasps my gold hair pieces, laying them to the side. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes. She untied one of my braids, starting to brush it. I felt a tear run down my cheek, getting flashbacks from when she helped me braid my hair when we were younger. The voices. They weren't here. She protected me from them.

     She brushed through every tangle and knot, ever so gently, making sure she wasn't hurting me. I loved this girl with all my heart. I felt her finish brushing the left braid out, and she started separating the chunk of hair into three parts. She folded each piece over one another, carefully braiding the piece of hair. She made sure not to miss a single hair, going back and checking every few folds. The tears came down my face faster than before, but I made sure not to let her hear me cry. 

     I felt her stop braiding for a moment, and she reached her hand up to my face, wiping my cheeks. She went to retract her hand, but I quickly grabbed it and held it up to my face. I gave her hand a quick kiss before letting her have it back. She gave my neck a quick kiss, then returned to re-braiding my left braid. I heard her clasp the gold hair pieces back on, as she moved on to my right braid. I closed my eyes, letting myself feel safe for the first time in years.

(IM SORRY THIS IS ALL ITS LETTING ME UPLOAD ON THIS STORY!! IDK WHY ITS DOING THIS </3)