002 ─ Coincidences

By the time night fell, everyone was asleep except for one. It was midnight in Liyue Harbor and Xiao couldn't help but kept thinking about the day after tomorrow; Sunday.

" Will it really be worth my time? I never really hang around places with a lot of people that much. "

Xiao says to himself while letting out a big sigh

He decided to get up from his laying position and went to his desk.

" What's all the excitement about this amusement park anyway.. "

Xiao wondered, he opened up his laptop and went to browse for the amusement park. Though, he forgot what it was called, he swore it was on the map Zhongli had showed him earlier in the day but he couldn't remember like it was on the tip of his tongue.
He got up from his chair and cracked open his door, he sees a figure but couldn't tell who it was, he pulled the door a little more to get a clear sight of the figure and finds out it was Zhongli. He was doing work on his laptop in such a dark setting, " Why would he work at such a time? " Xiao thought to himself, he walked out of his room to approach Zhongli from his back, he gently tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

" Oh- Xiao! Why are you up so late? "

Zhongli was startled and questioned Xiao

Xiao was a bit shocked seeing Zhongli's eye bags and his eyes constantly fluttering by how tired he was.

" Forget about that, why are you working at a time like this? "

Zhongli hesitated, leading Xiao to question him.

" It's nothing, one grown man has a lot of work of his own but it'll be manageable. "

He responded as he takes a cup of coffee

Xiao didn't believe it was manageable for a man like Zhongli, he aggressively took the cup out of Zhongli's hand and puts it on a kitchen counter.

" You need some rest, overworking isn't gonna do you any good. "
Xiao said while he crosses his arms

" You're the one to talk. "
Zhongli responds while letting out a slight chuckle

" Whatever, now go get some rest. "

Xiao insists but Zhongli didn't want to

Zhongli didn't want Xiao to just keep on telling him to sleep, he gently grabbed his shoulders and led him to Xiao's bedroom.

" Alright, alright, just have some shuteye and I'll have mine. "

Zhongli says as he shuts the door.

Xiao didn't quite believe Zhongli's words but he went back to his bed and he suddenly remembered something. " The name! I got so distracted I didn't get to ask for the amusement park name. " He said, he quickly got up and opened up the door, he sees Zhongli still working while drinking a cup of coffee.

" I- Zhongli. "

" Ah Xiao, I'm sorry, uhm I'll go back to sleep now. You don't need to worry. "
Zhongli said as he quickly shuts his laptop and threw his cup into the sink.

" No, it's not about that, I just wanted to ask.. "

Xiao clarified as Zhongli got confused, " What does he wanna ask about? " He thought to himself.