003 ─ Etiquette

It's an ordinary morning at Liyue Harbor, Xiao wakes up to the sunlight shining through the windows. The bright sunlight wakes him up and he got up from his position, he wanted to head to the library to do the work he left off yesterday.
He pulled his backpack from it's shoulder strap and threw it over his shoulder while picking up his laptop case which had his laptop inside it. He walks out of his room to a nice smell, he sees Zhongli cooking breakfast while dancing to a song playing.

" Why, good morning Xiao, where are you going? You haven't had breakfast yet. I insist on letting you stay for breakfast. "
Zhongli notices Xiao's gaze and gently pulled him to the sofa by his wrist, letting him sit down

" I- no, it's fine, I'll just grab a coffee and bread somewhere. "
Xiao responds to Zhongli and quickly gets up from the sofa

" No, no, it's a simple breakfast, it won't take you long. "

Zhongli puts some toast on a plate and spread some jueyun chili sauce on the toast, he gave a few toppings such as salt and pepper. He puts the plate onto Xiao's hands, Xiao sniffs the delightful smell of jueyun chili and decides to take a bite of the toast.

" You should take Hu Tao with you, she's been sulking in her bed all day. "
Zhongli says while he chops some vegetables

" I will. "

Once Xiao finished his breakfast, he walked over to the door and put on his socks and shoes. He was about to open the door when a girl ran right straight into him.

" Xiao wait!! "
The younger girl shouts as she runs out of breath

" Rushed because you were afraid I would forget about you again? "
He turned to look at the girl

" Your hair's a mess, let me find something for you.. "

Xiao points out as he takes out something from his backpack

Hu Tao started to squeal after hearing Xiao say something like that, she controlled herself from getting too excited and took a deep breath. She sees Xiao holding an elastic hair tie " Is he gonna tie my hair?! " Hu Tao thought to herself with enthusiasm.

" Turn around. "

Hu Tao turned around facing the same direction as Xiao

Xiao started to grab all of Hu Tao's hair and pulls them all together to put the hair tie around her hair. After putting a double knot, he brushed Hu Tao's baby hair on her face and looked at her.

" Do you like it? "

" AAHH! I LOVE IT!! "
Hu Tao shouted as she pulls Xiao in for a hug

" Okay, okay. Now let's go. "

Xiao said, letting go of Hu Tao's arms

Once he opened the door and stepped out, he saw the stranger next door, it reminded him of the experience last night. He caught himself gazing at the stranger's soft small face with messy hair contrasting his look. He snapped out of his 'trance' when Hu Tao shoved his back.

" Hu Tao, what the hell?! "

Xiao yelled as Hu Tao giggled

They both walked away and the stranger notices Xiao from his back " He looks.. Rather familiar. " He thought, he was drunk and couldn't remember most of the things that happened last night, Xiao only looked familiar to him as he remembers bumping into someone like his appearance on the sidewalk.