005 ─ Inquisitive

Zhongli stepped outside of the bathroom after a hot shower, he only had a towel around his waist and a small towel with him to dry his hair.

The kids felt slightly uncomfortable and gave a strange look at Zhongli which made him confused but he just shrugged it off.

" I'll be going on a trip tomorrow, I'll be home by dinner. "
Zhongli spoke up, breaking the awkward silence

" And... What if you don't come home by dinner? "
Hu Tao questioned, looking at Zhongli with an 'I don't believe you' face

" Heh, order some take out or eat outside. "
Zhongli chuckled softly

" Zhongli, you're making us feel a bit uncomfortable.. "
Xiao said, looking at Zhongli's face

" Oh, my apologies. "

Zhongli immediately ran into his room to make the others feel less uncomfortable.

Hu Tao walked to the bathroom to take a shower while Xiao was looking through his phone, waiting for Hu Tao be done with showering so he could too.

Eventually Hu Tao was finished and Xiao showered, Xiao went straight to bed to get ready for school tomorrow.

It's a Monday morning, Xiao quickly got up and went into the bathroom, he went back into his room afterwards and changed his outfit. He wore a black shirt with a white collar and jeans. Xiao took his backpack along with carrying his laptop, he didn't bother waiting for Hu Tao and left the apartment without her.

Xiao dashed towards the elevator before it could close, Xiao took Zhongli's car since Zhongli didn't take it with him for his trip. He eventually arrived on campus and immediately went into his first class, he slowed down when he stepped into the classroom. A few students were in the classroom but very little, Xiao sat at the back where there are less students, he wasn't very fond of socialising, he mostly hangs around Hu Tao.

Xiao just gazed at other students for the past minutes until a certain student caught his eyes, it was the stranger from the other day. " What were the odds.. " Xiao whispered to himself, he found himself staring at the stranger until their eyes made contact, Xiao's eyes widened as he was startled and pretended to look away.

The stranger was still staring back but this time, he gave a little wink. " What the hell was that? " Xiao thought, he was confused as his cheeks turned red out of pure embarrassment. Fortunately for him, the stranger stopped staring, Xiao sighed in relief and he was more relieved when class finally started.

Xiao had finished two classes and he had a free period.

Xiao was going through his locker and once he shut it, he saw the stranger coming his way. He quickly opened back the locker to hide his face and avoid attention from the stranger but that didn't seem to quite work out.

" Hey! Are you hiding from me? "
The stranger questioned, getting closer towards Xiao

" I- no, I wasn't- "
Xiao stammered, trying to avoid eye contact

" Ehe, forget that.. What's your name? "
The stranger chuckled

" Xiao. "

" Pretty! "
The stranger complimented while having a sweet smile on his face

" ..What's yours? "
Xiao asked, finally having his eyes in contact with the other's

" Just call me Venti! "

Xiao froze a bit, thinking about the Starbucks drink size. He looked at Venti with a weird questionable face, in response, Venti let out a big sigh.

" No, not the Starbucks size.. Anyways, I could see that we'll be good friends! "
Venti mumbled

" Ah, sure.. "
Xiao responded softly, this was something rather new to him since no one ever approached him that way

" Now, come on! I wanna hang out in the classroom! "

Venti shouted as he pulls Xiao by the wrist

Xiao was shocked, no one ever really interacted with him like this before, aside from Hu Tao and Zhongli.
They both ran to their next class even when it wasn't the time yet, when they both entered Xiao walked to the back of the class to where he usually sits, Venti followed him and sat next to Xiao.

" You're.. Not gonna sit at the front? "
Xiao questioned, looking at Venti

" It feels more peaceful here, I like it. "
Venti responded while gently stroking the desk

" Alright.. "
Xiao mumbled

" So.. Yesterday was a pretty crazy experience, huh? "
Venti spoke up

" Oh- uh, yeah. Indeed. "
Xiao stammered as he turns his head away

" Awh, come on! Can't your responses be more.. Enthusiastic? "
Venti made a pout on his face

" I'm sorry.. "
Xiao mumbled while resting his face on his desk in between his arms

" Wait, did I hurt your feelings? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. "
Venti said, caressing Xiao's head

" Forget it.. "
Xiao let out a big sigh of exhaustion

" Your hair feels really soft. "
Venti commented while gently caressing Xiao's head

" Thank you..? "

As Venti continued to caress Xiao's head, Xiao began to feel at ease and more comfortable. The way Venti's soft hand going back and forth stroking Xiao's hair " This feels.. Nice. " Xiao thought.

A few minutes passed and by then, class started. After a few more classes, it was lunch period, Xiao went to sit around leaning on his locker to either listen to music or study as usual, Venti on the other hand followed Xiao and did every activity with him.

" Whatchu doing? "
Venti questioned as he leaned closer over to Xiao

" Studying. And will you please move aside a bit? You're kind of in my personal space.. "
Xiao responded, using a hand gesture for 'move aside please'

" Xiao, you're such a nerd! "
Venti commented as his face made a pout

" I don't care. "

Xiao said, slightly chuckling

Venti's laugh joined in and surprisingly for Xiao, his time with Venti was quite pleasant unlike with others.

Xiao was with Venti the whole lunch period until someone came charging towards Xiao.

" XIAO!!! "
A lousy voice shouted as a girl ran towards Xiao

" What? "
Xiao responded as he looks at Hu Tao

" Why would you leave without me?! "
The girl questioned in an enraged tone

" Relationship issues.. Can't relate! "

Venti spoke up, shrugging

Both Hu Tao and Xiao oddly stared at Venti with a questionable face, Venti was frightened and curled up into a ball.

" D-did I say something wrong..? "
Venti stammered as sweat drips down to his chin

" I don't think I would date a dumbass.. "
Xiao responded, glaring at Hu Tao

" Excuse me!? At least I'm not a party pooper! "
Hu Tao said as she sticks out her tongue

" Venti, let's leave. "
Xiao said while pulling Venti up by his wrist

" W-wait- "

Venti didn't get to speak as Xiao dragged him away from Hu Tao.