13- Lotus

Aizawa's POV 

I glanced down at the woman standing in front of me, her eyebrows furrowed, and a troubled expression etched on her face. The atmosphere felt suffocating, and I couldn't resist the urge to loosen my tie, attempting to alleviate some of the discomfort. "I swear I'm suffocating," I mumbled under my breath, tugging at the fabric. However, before I could loosen it further, she swiftly moved closer, her hand snatching mine away with an assertive grip.

"Shota! Keep your hands off the tie!" she scolded me, her voice laced with annoyance and determination.

"But we're going to be late," I protested, feeling the pressure of time weighing heavily on my shoulders.

She suddenly transformed, flashing me a bright smile that dissipated the lingering menacing aura. It was as if a switch had been flipped. "It's the hair!" she exclaimed, pointing towards the hallway, capturing my attention. My eyes followed her finger, landing on the mirror where my unruly locks reflected back at me. "Shota, follow me to the bedroom. Let me do your hair," she commanded, her tone softened by her radiant smile.

My instincts kicked in, and I instinctively took a few steps backward, apprehensive about her intentions. There was no way I was going to let her brush my hair when she was still harboring frustration—it was a surefire way to torture my scalp.

Undeterred, she grabbed me forcefully by the arm, her grip insistent as she attempted to push me in the direction of the bedroom. "Shota, if you don't move, I'm gonna..." she threatened, her voice trailing off, leaving the implication hanging in the air.

I swiftly turned her around to face me, our bodies now intimately close, her back against my chest, trapping her between my arms. Our lips hovered mere inches apart, the tension palpable. "You're gonna do what?" I challenged, my voice low and teasing.

Our intimate moment was abruptly interrupted by our daughter, Ran, who burst into the room, a mischievous smile adorning her face. In her hands, she cradled a small kitten, its wide eyes peering curiously at its surroundings. Megumi managed to slip out from my grasp, taking advantage of the distraction. "Mama, papa, look what I found!" Ran exclaimed, her excitement contagious.

Megumi's attention shifted from our charged encounter to the adorable creature in Ran's hands. She wore a soft smile as she knelt down to our daughter's level, her fingers gently stroking the kitten's fur. "Where'd you find it, sweetheart?" she inquired, her voice filled with warmth.

"In the garden outside! Can we please keep it?" Ran pleaded, her eyes filled with hope.

With a fond glance exchanged between Megumi and me, we silently agreed. "Sure, why not? What do you want to name it?" I responded, mirroring Megumi's position as I knelt beside our daughter.

"Oreo! You know, it's white and black, just like Oreos!" Ran giggled, her eyes shining with joy as she affectionately petted the kitten.

Amidst the excitement, Megumi couldn't resist teasing me, sensing an opportunity. "Hey, Ran, don't you think papa's hair needs some styling?" she suggested mischievously, her eyes glinting with a playful gleam.

Seizing the chance to diffuse the situation, I leaned in closer to Ran's ear, whispering with a conspiratorial tone. "Disagree with her, and I'll get you a new kitten," I bargained, a mischievous grin tugging at the corners of my lips.

Ran's eyes widened with excitement and a mischievous grin mirrored mine. "Really?" she exclaimed, her voice filled with anticipation.

Lowering my voice, I cautioned her, "Shh, quiet down. Of course, I will, but let's keep it our little secret, okay?"