18- Larkspurs

Ran's POV

-----------------

The sight of the piled dishes on the countertops was overwhelming, a physical manifestation of the chaos that had consumed our lives. I took a deep breath, summoning the willpower to tackle the clutter and restore order to the kitchen.

With focused determination, I began the task of gathering the dishes, carefully placing each one in the sink. The weight of the ceramic plates and clinking of silverware filled the air, a reminder of the responsibilities that had been neglected in the midst of our busy schedules.

Once the sink was filled, I emptied the dishwasher, slotting the clean dishes into their designated places. The rhythm of this familiar routine provided a sense of comfort amidst the chaos. As I rinsed out the sink, the warm water cascading over my hands, I felt a renewed sense of purpose.

With the scrubbing cleanser in hand, I meticulously scrubbed the sink and faucet, erasing the stains and grime that had accumulated over time. The repetitive motion offered a brief respite from the whirlwind of thoughts and worries that had plagued my mind.

While waiting for the water to sit and drain, I turned my attention to the cluttered countertop. With a damp cloth in hand, I wiped away the crumbs and spills, revealing the smooth surface beneath. Each stroke of the cloth was a small act of restoration, a symbol of reclaiming control over our surroundings.

As the water drained from the sink, carrying away the remnants of the day's cleaning, a sense of accomplishment washed over me. The kitchen had been transformed from a chaotic mess into a space of order and tranquility. It was a tangible reflection of the inner peace I sought to cultivate amidst the busyness of life.

As I surveyed the now tidy kitchen, a feeling of satisfaction settled within me. The physical act of cleaning had served as a cathartic release, a temporary escape from the weight of our responsibilities. The cleaned dishes, scrubbed sink, and pristine countertop were not merely tasks completed, but symbols of our resilience and determination to overcome the challenges that life had thrown our way.

With the kitchen restored to its former glory, I took a moment to revel in the newfound sense of calm that permeated the room. The burdens that had weighed heavily upon us had been temporarily lifted, replaced by a renewed energy and optimism.

I went upstairs to clean dad room's next. I sighed at the messy sight, slowly stepping in. There are little clusters of clutter here and there, where they've been crammed to the side of the room until dad can deal with them later. It made the room unrecognizable

As I dusted off the picture frame, memories of that trip flooded my mind. The laughter, the joy, and the carefree moments we shared as a family. It seemed like a lifetime ago. A pang of sadness tugged at my heart, reminding me of what we had lost.

I carefully wiped away the accumulated dust, wanting to preserve the precious memories captured in the photograph. Mom's radiant smile, Dad's arm wrapped around her shoulders, and the backdrop of a beautiful city—all frozen in time, forever encapsulated within the frame.

A mix of emotions swirled within me as I continued tidying up the room. The cluttered mess was a stark contrast to the picture-perfect image captured in that photograph. It symbolized the chaos and disarray that had become a part of our lives since Mom's passing.

I picked up discarded clothes and folded them neatly, placing them back in the dresser. The act of restoring order to Dad's room brought a sense of calm amidst the storm that brewed within me. It was a small task, but in those moments, it felt like I had some control over the chaos that threatened to overwhelm us.