16.0 breaking point

(◞‸◟)

(◞‸◟)

what's the point of pain?

we need the sensation of pain to let us know when our bodies need extra care. it's an important signal. when we sense pain, we pay attention to our bodies and can take steps to fix what hurts. pain also may prevent us from injuring a body part even more.

no. no. what is the point of pain?

minho was breaking apart in chans arms, with nobody to stop him from cracking all the months before, minho just fell as soon as someone was there to catch him.

chans arms were warm, strong and they held minho perfectly in place while he cried his heart out. his mind kept yelling at him to pull himself together, but all the pain that had been burying deep inside of him for the past months finally found a way to break out - in chans arms in the studio.

"it's okay, minho", chan whispered every now and then, his fingers swirling little circles on minhos back to calm him. "it's all going to be okay".

it took a few minutes until minho was finally able to catch his breath. his sobbing had stopped after a while too, only little tears rolled down his cheek and stained chans shirt. he would have to change it later, minho thought, but his limbs were too weak to move away, and chan didn't seem to mind his soaked-in-tears-shoulder by now.

"I-", after finally being able to shift back a little, minho anxiously wiped away his tears and wiggled out of chains arms. he immediately felt a little colder. "- 'm sorry".

chan only shook his head, hyunjin was still sitting in front of minho, worriedly looking at the older. "let's get up from the floor first, alright?", he simply said and minhos chest clenched a little at the thought of how much he must've bothered the leader. all he was supposed to do was sing, like all idols did, and he couldn't even do that. how many more failures would he end up showing of himself?

before minho was able to continue to drown in his thoughts though, chan reached forward and grabbed minhos arm so abruptly that minho almost got pushed over. chan immediately showed his sheepish (and very comforting) leader smile - the smile with one side of his mouth being a little higher, but his eyebrows still kind of furrowed while his eyes sparkled a little. minho could get lost in that expression anytime.

"let me get you up", chan clarified at minhos slightly confused face.

"I can walk", the younger immediately shot back, pushed himself up from the ground and inhaled, his knees wobbled a little. the room was completely silent, then he exhaled, a sharp pain shot through his legs and minho immediately fell forward again, to his horror right into hyunjins arms, who caught him with ease.