Gotta get up

"Gotta get up, gotta get out, gotta get home before the morning comes"

Spencer woke up to the shrill sound of his phone ringing slicing through the quiet atmosphere in his apartment. It was funny, he didn't even remember how he got back into his apartment, but here he was, in his bed like every morning. Except, something was different.

He remembered a woman, someone different in his life. Someone he couldn't profile, someone strange and unusual. 

"What if I'm late, gotta big date? Gotta get home before the sun comes up"

Reid picked up the phone

"Up and away, got a big day sorry can't stay, I gotta run, run yeah, gotta get home, pick up the phone, I gotta let the people know I'm gonna be late"

He was greeted by Hotch's gruff voice informing him of a shiny new case.

Spencer's heart quickened. Something about the brief description his superior had given him had caught his attention, he was hooked and was now reeling himself in like a fish.

-

Spencer strode into the bullpen, his satchel hanging limp on his arm. Agent Morgan approached him, patting him on the back, "You're late pretty boy, please tell me it was a girl and you're finally getting some action?" Spencer scrunched up his face in annoyance and rolled his eyes as he took a seat at the table in-between Emily and JJ.

Hotch gave Spencer a quick nod of acknowledgement before continuing on with his sentence, "Since we have only just noticed a pattern with this Unsub, we had Garcia do some digging and she found tens of cases that have just been overlooked as one-offs that may be connected to the Unsub." Garcia appeared on the screen behind him, her hot pink top proving a stark contrast against the others more muted clothing. 

She swallowed before starting her sentence, a telltale sign that she was uncomfortable reading this particular case. "Hi hi my furry friends, today we have an Unsub that has been killing for at least two years, but it's possible they could have been killing for more.' 

Contract killer? Duo? Spencers mind was working at a hundred miles per hour thinking of all the possibilities.  

'I'm unfortunately not been able to confirm exactly how many kills they have accounted yet, but was soon as I find out I will give you a call. All had been sexually active but only around half had had sex and that was pre-mortem, 

Sexual motives? Sexual sadist?

' The victims were all found with red silk tied around their mouths, hands and feet, but the red silk was tied on post-mortem. All of the victims were killed with a clean throat slit,'

Remorse? Necessity? 

' but they had all been tortured to a certain degree before their death.'

Just a sadist?

'What is interesting about this case however, my furry friends, is that near every body is an old style board game such as chess, draughts, cards, and even a game of Russian roulette. On every game though, it is clear that one person has won,  and I don't think it was the victims who won, friends.'

So possibly a killer with a God complex? Something to make them feel powerful?

***

Hi guys, thank you so much for the recent love on this book! I've worked super hard on it, and plotted basically the entire story already lol, and your comments and votes really motivate me to keep writing! I love you all <3