2

Krucial stepped into the diner sliding on the stool that was in front of the register. There wasn't many people in there, only a older lady and a small boy.

It was around three in the afternoon so most people were at work or school.

"Hello, what could I do for you?" Krucial's ears perked up at the greeting but he frowned when her realized it was an older lady rather than Brielle.

He should've known it wasn't her, this lady had a thick accent and her voice was much more mature than Brielle's.

"I can get a cup of coffee please? Black." He asked nicely, looking towards the back of the restaurant to see if there was any other waiters.

The lady quickly poured him a small cup, "Here you go pumpkin."

"Thank you." He read her name tag, "Miss Loretta is Brielle back there?"

"Yes but she asked to work in the back today." She nodded as she rearranged something behind the register.

Krucial furrowed his brows and began to think of all the reasons why she would want to work in the kitchen, "Really? Do you know why?"

He wondered if she had another disrespectful customer or was she still shaken up from the last man.

Loretta leaned closer to Krucial and lowered her voice, "Probably because her face all black and blue. Must not want to be embarrassed."

Krucial couldn't even hide the worried expression that was clear across his face, "Do you know what happened?"

He was thinking that guy had returned for payback but then again that was highly unlikely.

Loretta gave sympathetic eyes and shook her head, "No she won't tell nobody, I can go get her for you."

"Please?" Loretta gave him a warm smile before disappearing into the kitchen.

He liked that lady. She had a welcoming aura to her.

Moments later Brielle came out from the kitchen. She held her head down as she slowly approached the stool next to Krucial.

"Hi." She mumbled, fiddling with her manicured fingers.

"Mane—" He cut himself off by snatching her neck up so he can get a better view of her face.

Her left eye was all bubbled up and it was slight discolored. He immediately thought about Darius.

"Brielle what the fuck? Who did this shit to you?"

"I don't want to talk about it please." She muttered, breaking eye contact with him.

"You think I give a fuck about what you want to talk about?" He kissed his teeth at her.

"I appreciate the curiosity but I really don't need it." Her voice remained in its small tone, not wanting to bring any attention towards them.

Brielle got up from her seat to walk away but was quickly snatched up by Krucial.

"Brielle sit yo' ass back down! Matta' fact Miss Loretta she can go on break real quick?"

The older lady looked at the two before nodding slowly, not sure whether or not she should trust the young man or not.

"Yes. Brielle you got one hour baby." She smiled sweetly then disappeared to take care of other lingering customers.

"Come on." Krucial grabbed her hand and led her out of the small restaurant.

This time she didn't, resist she actually intertwined her fingers with his, "Where we going?"

He led her to yet another luxurious car, it was a different one from the one she rode in last time.