THIRTY

"Sister! Sister!" Ophelia shouted as she skipped into the drawing room.

"What is the matter?" Lillie asked, eyes widened.

Ophelia sat next to her sister. Only them, Merritt, and Norman were in the room. She moves closer and whispers. "I saw someone in Father's studies."

"Who was it?"

"Prince Friedrich." Ophelia smiled.

Lillie gasped. She hasn't talked to Prince Friedrich in awhile as he has been busy with his family. What was he doing talking to his father?

"What was it he was doing in there?"

Ophelia smiled even bigger. "I think he is to propose."

"Are you sure? Surely they could be talking about other things."

"Maybe?" Ophelia shrugged. "But you are to be a princess. How exciting."

Lillie smiled. She didn't want to get her hopes up. But she couldn't help the excited feeling. "When do you think he is to propose?"

"Soon I am sure. Oh Sister, this is so exciting. Although I wish it was with Lord Bridgerton. Hyacinth and I were already talking about how our room would look like once we move in."

"Lord Bridgerton?"

Opehlia nodded. "I saw him talking to father a few weeks ago."

"You did?"

"Yes Sister."

"Hm. Well I can assure you Lord Bridgerton is only a friend, Sister."

"Friends do not look at each other the way he does. He loves you. And I do not know why he hasn't proposed yet, maybe because of older Brother. But I'm sure he will be just as excited to hear Prince Friedrich is proposing."

"I sure hope so."

Lillie couldn't help shake the weird feeling in her stomach. She knew she loved Anthony. He was her best friend. But the more time she spent with him, the more she wondered if he was her soulmate.

The girl has always wanted a husband who not only will provide her security, but love her for her flaws, her competitive nature, everything about her. Will Prince Friedrich love her? Does Lillie love him?

With the season almost ending, Lillie cannot wait around for Anthony to make up his mind as to when he will tell her he loves her and wants to marry.

"You must help me pick out a gown."