THIRTY-TWO

"I'm sorry we had to leave so soon." Lillie kept saying. She felt bad they had to leave early because she couldn't handle the sight she was seeing.

Anthony shook his head. "You shall never apologize. If anything it is my fault for not remembering how much blood there will be."

The pair stopped in front of an ice cream shop. "Ice cream?"

Anthony nodded and opened the door. "It opt to cheer you up. I know it does to me." They sat down at a table as the waiter placed two cups of ice cream in front of them. "Enjoy my dearest Lillie."

Lillie smiled as she quietly ate her ice cream. She didn't know why she felt nervous. She's known Anthony for her entire life. Why have all of a sudden she felt these butterflies in her stomach?

Maybe it was because Anthony looked exceptionally handsome when eating his ice cream. 

"Do you remember the time when we first went here?" Anthony asked.

Lillie nodded. "It was after my dance recital."

Anthony smiled. "It was. I had to beg my father to take me there to support you. I even canceled archery."

"You did that for me?"

Anthony nodded as he smile grew wider. "I would do anything for you my dearest Lillie."

Lillie's heart stopped when she heard his words. She was feeling so many emotions right now and one of them was love. But it was a different type of love.

She knew Anthony loved her, but it wasn't the same love as these years. It was different. It was more. He didn't love her as a friend, it was as a partner. Although the girl wasn't entirely sure if it was true, but she was never wrong with her intuition. But was it enough for her? She knew he didn't express his feelings well, so she could be completely wrong with how he feels towards her. Or if he even feels anything at all.

Lillie shook it off as she continued to spend her time with her best friend. She shouldn't be focusing on this. Prince Friedrich is to propose. She can't wait around for Anthony to when to decide he wants to propose. He had his chance, and sooner or later, that chance will be replace with someone else.