1-5

1.

I remember there was once when the company’s strong woman, Qiong Jie, led a group of small rookies around my desk and asked me, “Kang Yan, how can you stay with BOSS for two years?”

Knowing what she meant, I cleared my throat and smiled widely at the new employees of the company, “Because I don’t covet the BOSS’s beauty ah.”

Qiong Jie’s mouth dropped as if she had seen a ghost and she stared speechlessly.

BOSS, that is, my male god happened to come out of the back office at that time. Under the bright light, he looked at me with a funny expression.

The surroundings were strangely quiet.

At this moment, the male god who had been my boss for three years is standing in front of the door of the company building with his hands in his pockets while there was a torrential downpour outside.

If he were to suddenly run out onto the street, his whole body becoming drenched in rain, and yell, “Why are you betraying me?! You people are a bunch of dogs, you’re better off dead!” then –

It would have been in line with the routine of a dog blood drama.

But I don’t think that would be practical.

Even though he was betrayed by his beloved woman, his face didn’t change when he left the company. He really is my male god.

I didn’t have a fever. My mind was very clear when I ran after BOSS like a doting little eunuch.

I poked his back.

Oh, it feels pretty good.

“BOSS, come to my house first ba.”

I didn’t notice how it sounded like the beginning of an invitation to a shotgun relationship. BOSS looked at me with a strange expression.

I quickly clarified, “That… I am not coveting your beauty.”

After being BOSS’s assistant for the third year, I once again saw that funny look on the male god’s face.

2.

Seriously, even though I was the BOSS’s assistant for three years, I’m not very familiar with him.

I heard that the first female assistant who was “familiar with him” was dismissed in the name of adultery.

The second male assistant who had wanted to get close to him was transferred to another department by the male god for sexual harassment.

Then came a young talent whom the boss righteously scolded in public, “Don’t touch me.”

It was really… anyway, as a result, the young talent voluntarily resigned with red eyes.

If it had been me, I would've thoroughly touched the BOSS once and then sneakily run away. Far, far away.

BOSS seemed reluctant to go home with me though. If he had mortgaged his mansion as soon as possible and had not given that woman an opportunity to make a quick reversal, he wouldn't be homeless right now.

So when I went home with an unfamiliar male god, the atmosphere was very strange.

The rain hit the blue umbrella that I was holding and the sounds that the droplets made were not pleasant to the ear. The canopy of the umbrella was too small and the male god was too tall. I had to practically raise my right hand above my head to try and cover the two of us with it.

If this had been a novel then the sound of *”thump thump” will enter the next scene and my hands won’t need to feel sore anymore. Instead, the male god was drifting farther and farther away from me.
Walking in the rain can be very romantic with a slightly grey sky that was full of haze, while the surrounding noises quietly ebbed away.