30-35

30.

I became speechless by the imaginative BOSS. Opening the kitchen door, I planned to slip into the living room.

Laoda looked at us with great interest and the male god pulled my arm, causing me to stagger.

Brushing aside the hair on my forehead, he leaned down and gave me a kiss.

The male god patted my dog’s head… ah no, he patted my head as if to apologize for the shock. He raised the corners of his lips, smiling satisfactorily at the stunned Laoda.

“Good night, kiss.”

BOSS, your “good night kiss” is four hours early!

Laoda: “…”

I sat down incomprehensibly at Laoda’s side and Laoda shook my shoulders resentfully.

“In fact, you must have already fallen in love with each other!!”

Glancing to the side, I coolly explained, “He said he’d treat me as a brother.”

Laoda swore without hesitation, “Then he is definitely a bro-con.”

“…”

Silence, silence once more.

Finally, it was Laoda who put aside this mystery and changed the topic.

“Then what about his company right now? Does he still plan to retake it?”

I touched my chin.

“I also don’t know. I haven’t asked again ever since I knew that Dad and him had a business relationship.”

“Don’t you know how to watch the financial news?!”

“Don’t I need to follow my drama?!”

“…”

Laoda, hating iron for not becoming steel, shook his head and said, “You really don’t care about the world.”

I scratched my head and saw the male god poke his head out from the kitchen to look in our direction and send me a comforting smile. I spoke hesitantly, “It should be progressing quite smoothly. He’s been in good spirits these days.”

Laoda wore a deep expression.

“Why do I feel that it’s because of you?”

Like going around in a circle, the topic rewinded back to the origin as if it had hit a dead knot.

“You should leave first. Otherwise, that person in your family will worry.”

I coughed, I really wasn’t used to seeing a blushing Laoda.

“En, he just loves to make a fuss.”

"If you have the courage then stay!"

“Th-th-then I’ll leave first!”

I raised my hand, signaling him to leave.

When I sent him to the door, I said weakly, “Laoda, thank you ah.”

Laoda, whose cheeks had already cooled down, laughed and once again rubbed my messy hair without restraint.

“What stupid thing are you saying. If you really do succeed, then bring him over to my place and let Saozi take a look!”

[TN: Saozi = sister-in-law.]

That night, I lay flat on the bed and pulled my blanket up to the knee of the male god sitting next to me.

“Today’s goodnight kiss, do you still want one right now?”

Bending my fingers into the shape of a claw, I scratched the male god’s back playfully.