21-25

21.

I don’t know if it’s because of my sickness but the male god has been very good to me these last several days.

Buying food and water for me wasn’t really worth mentioning. For several consecutive days, I noticed after waking up that my bad habit of kicking the blanket off in the middle of the night had been cured.

When trying to show off to the male god, what I was told in exchange was “That’s what I been doing for you.”

My whole body became rooted in place. I pointed at the male god and asked while stuttering, “BOSS… you, you, are you falling in l-l-love with me!”

In response, the male god chose to calmly ignore me and turned to answer the phone.

It could be said that in the past few days ,the number of times the male god answered the phone had risen like a straight line. Once, I had decided to tease him on a whim.

“New girlfriend ah? Need to report to her every day?”

While wearing the bear hair clip and with the light from the computer screen reflected in his eyes, the male god replied after some time, “It’s the business partner I mentioned last time.”

While laughing like a hooligan, I moved closer to the male god’s side.

“Then why do you need to avoid me every time to sneakily make the phone call?”

BOSS finally turned from his laptop to look at me wordlessly.

More so coldly than defensively, the male god didn’t look away and instead suddenly changed the topic stiffly.

“Right, your birthday is coming soon. What gift do you want.”

Using “flattered” to describe my feelings at that moment wasn’t nearly enough.

This specific situation was probably like a mouse that fell into the rice container!

After a while, I stretched my legs out and rested my bare feet on top of the male god’s trouser covered thighs then scratched my head.

“No need for gifts ah…”

Just “remembering” is already very good.

The male god’s tone was still hard, I guess he wasn’t accustomed to asking people this kind of question. I remember on BOSS’s birthday last year, I sent him a Russian doll. His expression at that time was not much different from his current expression.

Then, a lightbulb went off in my head.

“Didn’t I send you an apple on Christmas Eve? You can just get me an orange.”

Thinking of the male god’s character, I deliberately added one more sentence.

“You don’t have to buy a big box, the two of us won’t be able to finish that much.”

If I remembered correctly, sending one *liu ding represents the willingness to try, two represents that you are a pair, and three shows that your love career has risen to the next level.

[TN: liu ding is an alias for orange]

In my heart, I put my hands together in prayer.

Two liu ding, two liu ding, two liu ding, two liu ding, two liu ding…

22.

On January 2nd, the sky was clear and the air was fresh, it was as if the fiery sun had dispelled all the cold.

I sent the male god out to buy the orange then happily rolled around in the wooden chair. I wondered for a moment if I should persevere in asking an implicit question.