Chapter Two

The following day, you are woken up by an alarm clock.  I dreamed of a strange, handsome guy, the mobile phone in my pocket suddenly vibrated, and the brisk melody of "Good Morning Morioh Cho" suddenly sounded, disturbing the dream.  You've always used this song as your alarm clock. Every time you hear it, you're reminded of the fear of being dominated by it: the alarm goes off at six o'clock on time, and then you have to get up and change clothes and go to school immediately, so your subconscious mind doesn't  Not too much resistance.

   You wake up and find yourself lying on the wet grass. It must have rained a while ago.  The water from the weeds had already seeped into the robe, and it was covered with dirt.  But you're so tired that you don't want to say a word or even think about anything.  You sighed and looked up at the sky. Although the sun was shining and the sky was blue, everything seemed to be covered with a grey filter.  You feel very depressed, and you are trapped in this imaginary world now. Will anyone find out that you are gone?  Will your mother be worried?  Will the school expel you?  All kinds of questions crawled into your head like ants, and you tried to ignore them.

   You sit up, turn on your phone, and see another message from the system.

   System: Good day. Your vitality, concentration and stamina are all restored. It's time to continue your adventure, Tarnished.

   : But where am I going? Lands Between is so big.

   System: This is an open world. You can explore the Land Between to your heart's content.

   : Is there a process guide or something?

   System: Do you need to use 1000 runes to unlock guide 1?

   : How despicable!  You still have to pay to see the guide!

   System: Do you need to use 1100 runes to unlock guide 1?

   : How dare you to add 100 runes. I'm going to complain to the Consumer Council.

   System: Do you need to use 2000 runes to unlock guide 1?

   : Blood sucker, 2000 runes it is then==

   You see your wallet suddenly drop by 2,000 runes, and your heart is bleeding.  This money is earned after you worked so hard to kill the guard.

   System: Go all the way to the northeast to reach the Murkwater Cave. There are treasures in the cave, and the location has been marked on the map.

   You turn on the map on your mobile phone, and sure enough, there is a red arrow marked in the northeast of the church centred on Islay.  You immediately summon Torrent and head towards Murkwater Cavern. Still, just as you are walking through the woods, you see a fully equipped warhorse standing alone in a forest creek, looking confused and curious before you wade through the water to observe.  You find the horse's reins in the hands of a dead wandering knight under the water.  You'd guess he was wounded in battle, maybe passed out, fell from his horse into a stream, was dragged down by his armour, and drowned in knee-deep water.

   You release the horse from its master's corpse, lead it out of the creek, and tie it to the bank.  Then, you drag the knight's body out of the water.  While thinking about what to do, the wild horse neighed and ran away. Although a group of wild wolves killed it after running for a few steps, the miraculous thing is that after the horse died, you actually got a beast bone and a few runes.

   You turn, laboriously stripping the armor and clothing from the dead knight, throwing him naked back into the stream.  You're lucky to find a full purse tied to his belt as he floats away.  You leave your muddy clothes by the creek and don your fair-fitting knightly armor.  This metal suit is cumbersome and bulky and you have to climb on a big rock to get your feet on the Torrent.  But as soon as you get on the horse, you feel transformed, stronger than you were before.