Do my hair

After their marriage

***

"Sunny!"

Basil bounced into Sunny's bedroom with a pile of hair makeup supplies in his arms. Basil was wearing his new yellow hoodie, which matched the blond of his hair remarkably well. He placed the supplies on Sunny's desk and waited, with a bright smile, for Sunny to lift his nose from the book that he was reading.

"Remember what you promised we'd do today?" Basil asked.

"Yeah, I know," Sunny replied. "New semester, new look."

Basil beamed with joy. "I knew you'd remember! That's why I bought all these. Shall I do your hair first?"

"Sure."

"Yay! Okay, Sunny, what kind of hair do you want for this semester?"

Sunny turned his eye up in thought. "I've been thinking about dying my hair totally blond."

Basil raised his eyes in wonder. "You really wanna go blond? Like me?"

"Why not?" Sunny said with a shrug.

"Well then, I'm going to dye my hair black!" Basil replied with a cute laugh.

"Oh, geez," Sunny said. "Guess we're basically doing a hair swap for this semester, eh. I wonder how everyone's gonna react."

"It'll be great. Everybody will love it!"

Basil turned his eyes towards the hair dye tubes among his supplies. A frown fell over his face. "Oh, wait. I don't have enough black dye for my hair."

"So you only brought enough blond dye for me?" Sunny asked with a flirty gaze.

"I had a hunch you were going to dye your hair blond," Basil said cheerfully. He looked over himself in the bedroom mirror. "Mmmm, I still have enough for a cool black streak."

Sunny watched as Basil took out a brush from his set of supplies and tentatively combed his long fluffy strands.

"I wonder where it'd look good?" Basil mused.

"Anywhere," Sunny answered. "Your hair's beautiful no matter how you dye it."

"Oh, stop flattering me," Basil said, a blush coming over his cheeks. "I don't want to end up looking ridiculous."

"Trust me, Basil," Sunny assured. "Even if you dyed your hair all different colors like a rainbow, you'd still look great."

Basil threatened to throw his brush at Sunny. "That's the worst idea I've ever heard!"

"I was just kidding," Sunny said, laughing.

I think he still wants to throw the brush at me...

Basil frowned again, turning back to his reflection in the mirror. "My hair's so messy all the time. I wish it'd just stay one shape, like your hair."

"I love your hair, Basil."

Sunny's hair was quite different from Basil's. It was straight and very flat. Basil's hair, on the other hand, was wavier, and it got tangled really easily. Not that Sunny minded. Those tangles created the fluffy strands that stuck out behind his head that Sunny found really cute. Still, Basil had to brush them out first before dying his hair.

"How about a dye streak over there?" Sunny suggested, pointing at a long strand just off to the right of Basil's head, visible from the front of his face.

"Good choice, Sunny!" Basil said. "I was just thinking over there, too."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get started."