Dad

"Enroll in some music classes?"

Sunny smiled enthusiastically. "That's right. I wanna get back into playing the violin."

After watching Basil's college orchestra play on stage, Sunny realized that he really missed playing the violin. Even though the violin would always carry some heavy memories for him, he knew he wanted to pick it up again.

He remembered tears of joy shining in Basil's eyes as he played the duet on the day of his marriage proposal. He was eternally grateful for the help that he had received from the Mari lookalike pianist he had met in the college's music practice room, Sarah. She recorded the piano part of the duet, and he had played along.

I wonder how Sarah's doing right now?

She's also studying music at this college, but I haven't seen her around lately.

"Go for it!" Basil encouraged with a warm smile. "I always knew you'd become an amazing violinist one day."

Sunny laughed. "More like a violin novice who can barely remember how to play one song."

"Nonsense. You play like a master of feeling," Basil teased.

"Only because I had such a great pianist with me."

A lightbulb went up inside Basil's head. "Oh, right. I saw her the other day. Sarah, right? She looks a lot like..."

"Yeah, she looks so much like Mari," Sunny finished for him. "Where did you see her?"

"She was at the cafeteria in the music building. The one beside the concert hall."

An incredibly hopeful look grew on Basil's face, almost teary-eyed. "Wait. Don't tell me. You want to pick up the violin again so you can perform amazing duets with her in memory of your sister?"

Sunny laughed again. "Wishful thinking. I don't think she has time for a newbie like me."

"Just wait until you tell her that your lover accepted your marriage proposal because of the duet you performed with her recording," Basil teased further.

"C'mon," Sunny said, blushing. "She'll barely even remember me. I'm sure she's moved on to much higher aspirations, with much better musicians."

"Why not see if you can find her at the cafeteria again?" Basil asked. "From what you told me, she sounds like a nice person."

"Maybe I should brush up on my violin skills again first."

"Oh, don't even worry about that! Just wave at her and strike up a conversation."

"By the way, was she talking to anybody at the cafeteria?"

"Hmmm...I think she was talking to another guy."

"Did he look like Hero?" Sunny joked.

Basil leapt at Sunny and ruffled up his blond hair.

I was wondering because I recently saw an ad searching for pianists at the university.

If I remember correctly, the city orchestra is looking to hire some concert pianists.

And I've seen lots of students do their job interviews at the cafeteria...

One kissful of Basil later—or more like fifteen minutes of making out—Sunny put on his September windbreaker and went out for work, feeling like his new hair color had cranked up Basil's affection levels to that of a puppy golden retriever.

Then again, he couldn't claim that Basil's gorgeous new ponytail hadn't done the same for himself.

He was not a student at Basil's college, but luckily for him, the college accepted enrolment into courses at a higher fee than what regular students paid for tuition. Sunny was hoping to rectify this price disparity. He'd try his hardest to get good marks in the course he wanted to enroll into. Then he'd apply to the college for a degree in music, specializing in the violin.