Prologue

"Will you run away and follow me?"

He-Sakayanagi Ayato suddenly offered me to run away from that woman. There were two more days before that woman would come and take me back.

He should have understood well the consequences of his words. Because he could have turned that woman into an enemy of his family.

"How?"

I asked how I could escape from that woman.

"Do you know the school I'm going to in April?"

"If I'm not mistaken, it's called Advanced Nurturing High School, right? A school that guarantees 100% employment or admission to a top university if you graduate from it. It also prohibits any outside contact which means the students can't interact with the outside world."

"That's right. As expected. However it's not the benefits that I want to talk about, but I want you to take the entrance exam with me. I'm sure you have no problem with a simple paper test, right? How is Ayanokoji-san?"

The atmosphere became quiet after Sakayanagi closed his mouth and let me think.

"Do I need to get a high mark for the entrance exam?"

"Fufu. Of course you do. Although I can't guarantee that you can get in even if you get a perfect score on the entrance exam."

"...Eh?"

My confused reaction seemed to amuse Sakayanagi as he smiled widely.

So he's saying that even if your entrance exam is perfect it doesn't necessarily mean you're worthy of getting into that school?

"I see. I accept your offer."

"Fufu. It's good to hear that answer."

"Chekmate by the way."

With that I ended the king.

"Oh, it seems I lost again."

Even though he said so, he didn't seem sad or upset instead his blue eyes seemed to shine with more vigor.

"Next time I will definitely beat you, Ayanokouji-san."

"I will look forward to it."

Our eyes glared at each other.

"Ayato-sama and Ayanokoji-sama, dinner is ready. Madame is waiting at the table."

A strong, mature male voice suddenly called out to us.

"Alright. Thank you for pick us up, Sebas-san."

"I was just doing my duty, Ayato-sama."

The butler humbly returned Sakayanagi's compliment.

"Then how about we go now, Ayanokouji-san? It's rude to keep mom waiting."

"Yes."

With that we both stood up from our seats.

"Let's go."

Following Sakayanagi's words I equalized my pace with her. Since she was walking with a cane so her walking speed was lower than ours. Sebas followed us from behind while I walked by Sakayanagi's side.

"I'm sorry for holding you up."

"Don't mind."

I immediately refuted the words of Sakayanagi who suddenly reproached his inability to walk at a normal pace.

"Walking slowly like this isn't bad. I think I can enjoy it longer with you."

I don't know why I had to suddenly say something unnecessary.

I could see Sakayanagi widen his eyes. He then smiled sweetly. Up close he has a handsome and beautiful face like his mother. It must be because his mother's genes are more dominant.

"Thank you...Ayanokouji-san, your words are very precious to me."

"Hm."

I thought our conversation was over but Sakayanagi continued.

"Fufu. I didn't expect you to say something like that. I can feel my heart racing."

His heart was racing? Did my words make his hurt?

The white skin of his cheeks also looked a little red.

"Sorry, did my words make you uncomfortable or hurt?"

"Haa..." Suddenly he let out a tired sigh. I could also hear the slight sound of the quiet Sebas.

"?"

I looked at Sakayanagi with a question mark.

"There's no need to think about it. But I'm not sick."

"Oh."

"You two have finally arrived. Thanks Sebas for bring them."

A calm, mature female voice greeted us.

An adult woman sat in a chair at the dining table

An adult woman sat in a chair at the dining table. She had long white hair and blue eyes like Sakayanagi. It was obvious again that they were related. Yes, she was Sakayanagi Ayato's mother. She was a woman who had good genes and a genius despite the disadvantages she had due to her weak body and walking with stick. She is still charming despite being in her age 40.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, mom."

Sakayanagi greeted his mother first.

"It's okay. Let's sit down and eat. You too Kiyone."

"Yes."

With that I spent my delicious dinner with the Sakayanagi family. His father seems to be at the school.

Continue

795words

Hey.. I want to ask one question. Do you prefer Kiyone with her purple eyes or her golden brown eyes?