| 𝕾 𝖈 𝖍 𝖔 𝖔 𝖑 𝕯 𝖆 𝖞 |

S a n F r a n c i s c o | 1 9 8 7

The classroom was very quiet, Ruby was sitting in the front row, struggling hard with her thoughts. On the other hand, Tito was in the back row looking at the backs of all his classmates with boredom, as Master Lin's voice echoed through the room.

"World war I, was started by a teenager with a pistol, a serbian peasant who chose to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand," Lin walked slowly, tapping his cane against the floor as he examined the rows.

"Set in motion the chain reaction culminating in two world wars and today's Cold war," Tito watched Brandy passed a note to the new student, Marcus, he let out a smirk, oh man, Dylan will kill you he said to himself,

"Character is revealed through choice, consider for a moment," Master Lin swiftly moved the cane and placed it on the note, thus scaring Marcus away, Tito watched him carefully, Lin approached the new student's chair slowly.

"Sorry, I was just..." Ruby heard Marcus speak, she knew he was frightened by Lin's behavior, everyone was at first, followed by a thump and a crack, "Jesus," Marcus cried a little, causing Ruby to smirk by imagining Brandy filling up with blood.

Reactions from the room were beginning to be seen or heard, Brandy's harsh sighs, Viktor and Tito's giggles, Marcus shocked sighs, Ruby quickly turned to look at her for a few seconds and then turned back with satisfaction.

"Who would be the recipient of your rage: A Thief? A child molester? A world leader?" Brandy ran the blood from her nose across her lips, staring at Marcus., "This one decision betrays all secrets and unveils true motive. Ask yourself, on that dark ledge, poised to strike with clean opportunity, Who would you kill?" Master Lin turned to look at them. 

| Earlier that day |

The day seemed no different than all the others, the sun came out the same, the air felt the same, everything was the same as always, Ruby opened her eyes heavily, she wanted to keep sleeping, her head ached as if she hadn't slept at all during the night. 

When she got up she looked in the mirror, her hair was disheveled, then she looked directly at the uniform, neat and well ironed, she walked towards it and started to take off her pajamas to replace it with the uniform until she heard a couple of knocks on her door. 

"Hermanita, are you still asleep?" Ruby recognized Tito's voice through the door, walked half-dressed, opened the door and stepped to the side, making sure no one saw her half-naked and letting her brother into her room.

"No, I just woke up, ¿Qué pasó?" Her brother looked at her, walking past her straight to the bed and lying down as he groaned, Ruby closed the door behind her.

"Nada, only your bed is much more comfortable than mine," She continued to get ready, 5 minutes later she was already doing her hair, sitting on the bed with her twin, who immediately turned to look at her.

"Chico is in his mood, Maria was out most of the night, and he told her that he went on a mission for Lin," Ruby pressed her lips together in a single line, feeling hot with fury at the thought of Chico being cheated.

"That chavalita," She said in a disapproving tone and followed by a sigh, she adored Maria would not say that the situation between her and Chico would cause her problems or clouds of judgment, but if she had to choose between hurting her or her hurting Chico, she would go for Maria.