Chapter 77

What the hell, thought Kevin, he shook his head, and said to Alan in a non-negotiable tone : "I'm absolutely not interested in this kind of stuff, and anyway, at the moment, I'm way too weak to survive if this uncle ever finds out, right ?"

Alan nodded, Kevin was right, his uncle will kill him without hesitation, and he couldn't force him to embrace his destiny.

But if there was one thing his family had instilled deep inside of him, it was to protect the bearer of that mark at any cost.

He suddenly remembered what Kevin had just asked him and so he told him : "Your mother is still alive, your uncle is holding her prisoner in a tower near the Royal Palace in the Capital ... Your mother is the most powerful mage in the whole continent and he uses her as cannon fodder to protect the border that separates us from the demons territory.

It seems that he has found some chains that can prevent your mother from using her powers, but according to my cousin, she would willingly agree to fight at the border to avoid too many human losses."

Kevin didn't understand everything so he asked him : "Is the Capital far from the border with the demons ?"

Alan looked at him puzzled but remembered in time that he came from another world where magic didn't exist, he said to him : "Your mother is sent over there by a teleportation portal, that kind of magic can only be learnt at the Academy of the Capital so don't ask me to explain it to you."

Erik then said to Kevin : "The border with the demons territory is really very far from the Capital, even by using the giant birds it would take several weeks to get there."

Kevin asked again : "Why did my mom never try to escape if she's that powerful ?"

Alan then told him : "Because he's holding back her younger sister and if she tries anything, her sister will be executed immediately."

Kevin nodded, it made sense if it was to protect her younger sister. Then Kevin asked him, he was just curious about 'his parents' : "Was my father a mage too ?"

Alan chuckled and said to him : "Your father was even more powerful than your mother, and he was the last mage who possessed an affinity with 3 elements, I will let you guess which element was his main element ..."

Kevin replied without having to think : "Lightning."

Alan just said to him : "Bingo !"

Erik took Alan's chin and turned his head towards him to get his attention : "Earlier, you said that this mark explained a lot of things, what did you mean by that ?"

Alan put a hand behind his neck and kissed him tenderly, he said to him : "This mark only appears on the most powerful mage, so that mainly explains why he has an affinity with 3 elements and why he is also good at controlling spiritual energy.

His Soul force reserve is quite low but after all he had never used it before, and it's very easy to increase … The fact that his parents are exceptional mages, surely helped him to get it though."

When he saw that Erik was satisfied with his answer, he turned again to Axel and Kevin and asked them : "Anything else ?"

Axel then said to him seriously : "It's over, no more secrets I promise, and I would like to know how do you feel about all of that ? Is that going to create an embarrassment between us ?"

Erik then said to him : "For me that doesn't change anything, in fact, I find it downright cool."

He then looked at Kevin and said : "You will have to hide this mark all the time, but I guess you already know that, right."