Chapter 6

A/N: This chapter contains mature content. I will indicate where it starts with ------------------------ and indicate where it ends with ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ so if you want to skip this section you can.

Arthur Sakho

"We're going to miss you," Emma said. She wrapped both of her arms around one of mine and placed her head on my shoulder.

"We are," Alyssa agreed. She wrapped her arms around both of us. I had the best roommates. It hadn't started out that way. When I first moved to New York, I shared an apartment with a guy named Mike. It turned out Mike was a bit of a racist and homophobe except he didn't think he was. I didn't like living with him.

Alyssa and Emma had already been roommates but they had wanted to move out of their apartment because of a creepy landlord that kept trying to make advances on them and kept making crude remarks. We had all been in the same ballet company by that point and we had gotten along fine. I was the one who suggested the three of us try to be roommates. I could afford a better apartment than they could. I paid for the majority of the rent, but I didn't mind. I loved having them as roommates. They were both kind, friendly - even if Alyssa was a little shy - clean, they paid the rent on time. We shared the same interests and since we ate pretty much the same food, we didn't have to deal with someone ordering pizza or eating junk food all the time. We didn't tempt each other to go off our ballet diets. Except for the one cheat day a month we had.

"I'll only be gone for a week," I said. "You two should have some fun while I'm gone." Our ballet company was on a short break after our latest production. "Go out, meet someone new, bring them home. Or not. Do whatever you want."

Emma smiled. "Thanks," she said. "We were planning on it. You should get going," she said. "You don't want to miss your flight."

We broke away from our hug. I grabbed my luggage which included my new tuxedo. I said goodbye to them and left. I had called ahead for a cab. It was waiting for me at the curb when I went outside. I put my luggage in the trunk, got inside the cab and had them drive me to the airport.

When I got to the airport, I checked in my luggage and went through security. That was never a fun task. I went to my gate and waited for the plane. While I waited, I sent a text to Trevon just so he would know I had made it to the airport. Then I sent a second text to my parents saying the same.

I had decided to go to Virginia to see Trevon first and then take a plane with him to his hometown for Jasmine's and Aiden's wedding. On the flight back, I would stop to spend a little bit of time with my family. Unfortunately, Trevon couldn't come with me to visit my family. He had to get back to his work.

While I waited for boarding to start, my phone rang. Joseph's name came up on the screen. Most of the time when my eldest brother called me it wasn't really him. It was one of his kids.

"Hello," I answered.

"Uncle Arty," Jade's voice said in a demanding tone.

"That's me," I said.

"When are you going to come see me? I thought it was going to be today, but daddy said it's not."

"It's not," I said. "I'm going to Jasmine's wedding first. Then I'll come see you."

She sighed heavily as if that was the worst news she could have gotten. "When is that going to be?"

"Four days," I said.

"Too long," she said.

"Jade," Joseph's voice came in the background. "What are you doing on my phone?"