Chapter2: Unanswered questions

Tommy has been oddly quiet for the past few minutes. Under normal circumstances he's a lot more talkative, but maybe it's just that it's still early in the morning. Or it's just his imagination, he thinks.

Tubbo's eyes are still fixed on the buttons. There must be a logical explanation as to why the elevator just seemingly randomly stopped.

Then he hears it, the tiniest noise. It's Tommy's usually boisterous voice, but it sounds so far away. Like he's screaming something from miles away.

Now that is weird. He ignores it for now, Tommy probably just wandered off a little too far. "Sorry I didn't get that the first time."

Absentmindedly he returns his attention to the elevator.

But he hears it again and again, until with a sigh he raises his eyes from the buttons and turns into the direction of the sound.

He expects to see the strange looking corridor from earlier, but it just looks like any other normal floor of the building.
There is something else notably wrong.
And that is, that Tommy is nowhere to be found.

"Tommy, get back here!", "You can't just leave me alone here!"

Without warning the elevator dings, "Tommy come back, the elevator works again!"

The elevator doors close and Tubbo stumbles out of the elevator in the last second. He watches as the elevator goes on it's way.

He didn't listen to the footsteps Wilbur took up the stairs of the staircase. Behind him, he waits and taps him on the shoulder. Tubbo instantly turns around with a shriek, a shocked expression on his face.

Wilbur looks down at him with an amused smile on his lips. But his red face from all the running a few minutes prior and his still heaving chest betray him. He probably didn't even waste a second when he saw the open opportunity to scare Tubbo.

Tubbo shoves him away roughly, still a bit startled "Wilbur, you prick!"

Wilbur puts his arms behind his back, looking around idly, trying to look innocent. But really, he looks just smug. He's not fooling anyone with that smirk of his. Tubbo rolls his eyes.

He drops the act "Where's the gremlin child?"

Tubbo crosses his arms over his chest "Why should I tell you?"

"Because Phil sent me and we're late for school, again."

Damn it, they completely forgot the time. It's not like Phil is going to be angry and cuss them out, or anything. There is just this one teacher who likes to screw them over and always gives them extra homework when they're late for school.

Tubbo sighs exasperatedly "I would love to tell you where he is, but unfortunately I don't have any idea where he could be right now."

"What?", "You two we're literally in the same elevator, I saw you!"

Tubbo knows that himself and he also knows that this whole situation is getting increasingly weirder by the second. Tommy should've gotten back from wherever he ran off to already. At least, that's what he tells himself, he knows there's more to it too, because he really should at least be informed about where Tommy went. Tommy would have told him. That is if this whole thing was like always, it isn't though. Deep down he knows this isn't like all the other countless times Tommy and him did some harmless pranks. And that the appearance of whole floor of a building just changes in the blink of an eye, can't be normal. Initially of course that doesn't have to do with anything of Tommy's disappearance, but he can't shake the feeling that there might be a connection between those two events. Maybe it's because Tommy vanished similarly to how the non-existent floor vanished. But if that was the case then that would also mean, that there is no way they could get him back. Because the floor is gone and Tommy would also be-