Chapter3: Lost and alone

„Tubbo?"

He turns around and expects Tubbo to be standing there, right in front of him. Tubbo was supposed to be in the elevator, still inspecting the buttons. But instead Tommy almost ran into a wall. „What the hell?"

With uncertainty he eyes the wall. For a while he just stands there, contemplating. Tubbo didn't just leave him here. He wouldn't. It's probably just some prank. They do that all the time, it wouldn't be something out of the ordinary. Although Tommy does wonder, how did he manage to make the elevator disappear? But then again Wilbur could have helped. Yeah. They probably want to get back to him for last week, when he exchanged their school bags and they didn't have anything for their designated classes. He thought it was funny but apparently their teachers didn't and they got extra homework on a Friday afternoon. The memory makes him snicker.

He then decidedly puffs out his cheeks and rolls his eyes. „Really Tubbo? Did you finally team up with Wilbur against me?"
He waits patiently but gets no response. He feels stupid, talking to a wall like that and he can't help the growing unease. First he was sure that this must be some kind of dumb joke, but the longer he waits for an answer, the more he feels like there's something incredibly wrong.

He speaks up again, a lot more doubtful of himself this time.
„Tubbo?... this is a prank ...right?" In hopes for an answer he waits, awkwardly he stands there. In a sort of last attempt he asks in a whisper „...T- Tubbo?"

He breaks the intense eye contact with the wall and his head hangs low. His hands ball up into fists and he presses his eyes together to ground himself. He still stands there, he didn't move an inch since he turned around. Unable to move away from his spot. He feels nauseous. The one sided conversation paired with the buzzing lights makes his head hurt. The spiraling thoughts making his limbs go numb. What is happening right now? Where is Tubbo? And where is the damn elevator? Why is he suddenly feeling so exhausted?

Before his thoughts could consume him completely he hears something. A small sound, a distant murmur. It calms his head for a moment.

An answer? Finally? It's a voice, a call from behind the wall.

He takes a cautious step forward and slowly approaches the wall. He swears he heard something from behind the wall. It looks no different from all the other walls on the floor, yellow and old, with disgusting looking stains and water running down the corners. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Another step forward, he reaches his hand out. He doesn't know why he expects for something to happen when he touches it. Because of course nothing happens.

Absolutely nothing. Just this infuriating silence.

He knows he isn't going crazy, he can't be imagining this. He heard something, definitely.

His hands are now both leaning against the wall, supporting his body weight. His knees feel heavy. His back is lazily bending over, the headache is worsening again.

But then he hears it again, the voice. It doesn't sound as far away as before.

And it sounds like ...Tubbo?

He scrambles as close to the wall as he can, pressing his ear directly and with way to much force than necessary against the wall.

There it is again.

„...To..m- ...Tomm..y!"

It's Tubbo! It's unmistakably him!

„Tubbo!"

The voice gets quieter, as if he couldn't hear Tommy clearly. He tries again, louder.

„TUBBO!!!"

„To..mmy, .....where..ar- ...y..ou?"

Tommy can barely hear him anymore.

„IM RIGHT HERE, BEHIND THE WALL!!"

Then abruptly the voice is gone and instead it's replaced by a low rumbling noise. It almost sounds like an elevator-

In a sudden panic he screams again, hitting the wall in urgency. Trying to break through the wall that is separating him and his friend.

„TUBBO IT'S ME, TOMMY!!! IM RIGHT HERE!!"

The rumbling of the elevator faints until just like Tubbo it's gone completely.

„NO!!! TUBBO I'M HERE!! I'M RIGHT HERE!PLEASE DONT LEAVE!! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!!!

At this point he's punching the wall and kicking his feet. His sobs and screams echo in the endless hallway. And the first tears stream down his face.

„PLEASE!! I DONT WANT TO BE ALONE!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!"

His hands start bleeding. The tears and his pounding head make his vision blurry. He sinks to his knees. Now it's only his broken sobs filling the empty corridor.

That's it, now he's alone, left crying on the floor, again. He pulls his knees to his shaking form, hugging them in an attempt to comfort himself.

He doesn't notice how his calls for his best friend turn into those for his older brother.

The last time he felt so alone was when Techno went missing.

He doesn't know how much time passes, but eventually his cries die down. His mind still feels foggy, but at least he now can think a little bit clearer.

He is in a sitting position, curled up against the wall, his face in his hands. He's scared to look up. If he looks up and the wall is still there instead of the elevator and Tubbo, he thinks he might have another break down.

But it's way scarier to keep doing nothing. And by now he's sick of waiting for something to happen. He has to do something himself, anything. All he can hear right now is his own breathing and the flickering of the lights. Reminding him of his loneliness.

There has to be another way though. What else is there, except for the elevator?
There is the staircase of course, but judging on the strange events happening on this floor he doubts he will find it. If it even exists on this weird floor. He is lost like a little child. Confused and scared. He probably won't ever see Tubbo again.
Wait- ...No!

Why is he thinking like that again? He doesn't normally give up that easily. It simply isn't like him. He is a big man after all. This place is messing with his head and it shows. He has to stay focused. He can't allow himself to go down that rabbit hole again.

So with all his strength left, he looks at the wall in front of him. The wall is still there and there's no Tubbo or elevator in sight. Disappointed he slowly raises to his feet, wobbling a little, regaining his balance. His legs feel like jelly and stinging pain emits from his knuckles. He lets out a hiss and looks at his hands. They look like he's been in a street fight or something. If this situation wasn't so bizarre, he would probably brag to Tubbo about how badass it makes him look.

He feels a lot more like himself now. It's probably because he concentrates on the smaller things, it keeps him in the here and now. With that strategy in mind, he tears his eyes from the spot he last saw his best friend and walks down the corridor. Going deeper into an endless maze of yellow wallpaper and fluorescent lighting.