2. the friend

"People are people, and sometimes we change our minds"

...

Adrien arrived at school late the next morning. It was unusual for him to arrive late, but it had been a struggle to wake up that morning.

His head was still full of the things Ladybug had said to him the night before. Every single time Ladybug had rejected him, it had made him feel something different. Sometimes he felt angry, other times confused or sad. But now he only felt tired.

He had given away his heart so many times that he was now used to her complaints. But he couldn't keep doing this to her, and couldn't keep doing this to himself.
It was time to let go.

The classroom was almost full when he entered. "You're late Adrien," said Ms Bustier, as if it hadn't been clear enough already.

Adrien slumped down next to Nino. Nino gave him a concerned look but didn't press on. Instead he passed him a Mars bar from his bag with a note that read, "you good?"

Adrien smiled and was about to respond when someone rushed through the door and stumbled into the room.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

With her messy raven hair pulled back in pigtails and her bluebell eyes that always looked a little lost, it was hard to not notice her, especially when she was always late to everything.

Marinette apologised to the teacher, then hastily walked towards her seat. She sat down but not before catching Adrien's eyes, and for the first time in a while he felt something strange inside of him as he looked away.

Marinette blushed and sat down next to Alya. The rest of the class droned on, but Adrien grew concerned. What was that feeling he had just experienced? It felt strange yet familiar and déjà vu...

...

Author's note

guess the taylor song at the start for a virtual hug
No but seriously I need to have tay tay lyrics at the start of each chapter. but if u find them annoying pls tell me I won't be offended :))

Anyways don't forget to vote and comment! Love y'all and I'll be updating soon💕💕