𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | and so it begins

✧*̥˚┈┈┈┈ AND SO IT BEGINS
▃▃▃▃▃ ஓ 🗞️👑 ▃▃▃▃▃
◦○◦ 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄: meet me at midnight
╭ ..••°☾ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

❛ 𝚀 𝚄 𝙴 𝙴 𝙽  𝙾 𝙵  𝙼 𝙰 𝙽 𝙷 𝙰 𝚃 𝚃 𝙰 𝙽 ❜❦⭒ ——(𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂𝙸𝙴𝚂)╭

❦⭒ ——(𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂𝙸𝙴𝚂)
╭ ..••°☾ 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒐𝒏 🎯📠
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
-: ✧ 𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺
𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 ✧ :-

In the morning, the Newsies stood outside the World Building, waiting to collect their papers as Jack walks in. Lila stood by Race as she watched the interaction between her brother and some of the other Newsies.

"They jacked up the price! You hear that Jack? Ten cents a hundred! You know, it's bad enough that we gotta eat what we don't sell, now they jack up the price?! Can you believe that?" Kid Blink was the first to initiate the conversation. And as Blink was talking, one of the Delancey brothers stood in the window mocking him.

"This'll bust me, I'm barely making a living right now." Skittery points out.

"I'll be back sleeping on the streets."

"It don't make no sense. I mean, all the money Pulitzer's making, why would he gouge us?"

"Because he's a tightwad, that's why!" Lila jumped at the sound of Race's voice.

"Pipe down, it's just a gag. So, why the jack-up Weasel?" Jack turned his attention to Weasel

"Why not?" He stuck his finger in his mouth before sticking it out, 'testing the wind', "It's a nice day. Why don't you ask Mr. Pulitzer?"

"They can't do this to me, Jack," Blink said as Jack stood next to him now.

"They can do whatever they want. It's their stinkin' paper." Lila spoke, arms crossed against her chest.

"It ain't fair. We got no rights at all." Boots spoke.

"Come on, it's a rigged deck. They got all the marbles."

"Jack, we got no choice, so let's get our lousy papes, while they still got some."

As the group was talking, Jack found himself now sitting on the steps and Lila found herself sitting on the step below him, leaning her head against his knee and twiddling her thumbs.

"No! Nobody's going anywhere. They can't get away with this!" The group all started protesting and Les ran through the crowd, pushing everyone away from Jack, including Lila.