Making Your Mark Finally?

–[Real World]–

I was skating through town, clearing my head about recent events. I was on my way to Archie's because I wanted to walk with Henry home even if his mom did come to pick him up, I wanted to be there for him. All of a sudden though the ground shook violently making me fall off my board. I landed with a hard grunt onto the ground and as I pushed myself up, I felt a difference in the air, I felt that things were finally changing. I got up quickly, grabbed my board, and changed my destination towards where the shaking seemed to originate from.

———

I made it to where everyone else in town seemed to show up. It appeared to be a collapsed tunnel, probably from the mines.

I saw Regina get in front of everyone, "Everyone! Step back, please!"

"Is that a crater?" Ruby asked.

"No, there were tunnels – old mines. Something collapsed," Marco pointed out.

"Sheriff, set up a police perimeter. Marco, why don't you help with the fire department? Miss Swan, this is now official town business. You're free to go," Regina said with all the hatred she seems to have towards Emma. Poor Emma.

"Well, actually, I work for the town now," she argued back at Regina. Wait, since when does she work for the town?

Graham spoke up for her, "She's my new deputy."

"They say the Mayor's always last to know," Regina comments. As she talked, I walked towards her and decide to comment. "In full honesty you're not the last to know because I had no idea. Also, I'm pretty sure it's in the sheriffs budget to have a deputy."

Regina Scowls at me, "Indeed. Deputy, why don't you make yourself useful and help with crowd control?" Regina goes to stand in front of everyone. "People of Storybrooke, don't be alarmed. We've always known this area was honeycombed with old mining tunnels. But fear not. I'm going to undertake a project to make this area safe – to rehabilitate it into city use. We will bulldoze it, collapse it, pave it."

Henry came from the crowd, "Pave it? What if there's something down there?"

"Henry. What are you doing here?" Regina asked surprised.

"What's down there?"

"Nothing. Now step back. In fact, everyone! Please, please step back. Thank you." she turned to me from where I was standing next to her, "That includes you."

"But I like it here," I argued back to her.

"For once in your life just listen," she scowled at me.

"Now where is the fun in that?"

She just rolled her eyes and shook her head at me then looked away and picked up something from the ground. She then put it in her pocket.

"What was that?" Henry asked.

"Henry, enough. Listen. This is a safety issue. Wait in the car," she told him. He didn't move as he stared at me as if telling Regina that he stands by my decision to stay rather than her order. So, Regina turned to me with a hard glare. "Victoria, could you take Henry to the car where he will be safe."

"I thought it was no longer my job to babysit him."

She sighed softly, "Please take him to the car. I don't want him getting hurt if the ground collapses again or something."

I grinned at her, "What I'm hearing is that I have my job back."

She breathed out deeply, "Fine you have your job back just please get Henry away from here."