Ch. 1 - Just a Crush

You audibly sighed while dangling your feet over the porch of the student dormitory at Tokyo Jujutsu High with the rest of your classmates. The four third years, all apathetically spending a late summer afternoon under the trees, carried minimal conversation while either staring up at the clouds or resting their chins on the porch railing with closed eyes.

"That sounded like a loaded sigh, Y/N," Haibara chuckled, breaking the silence. His sudden voice caused Nanami to peel open his eyes and roll them lazily toward the two of you as he listened. Ijichi already had his nervous ears perked.

"Maybe it is," you mumbled with a defeated curve to your light grin.

"Do you wanna' talk about it?" Haibara offered enthusiastically, always willing to lend a careful ear.

You contemplated your answer to that question while staring off in the distance...at a particular someone. You gave another dreamy sigh and leaned your chin onto the wooden railing in front of you, legs freely swaying back and forth as they dangled.

Your seniors who had just graduated the past spring, Gojo Satoru, Geto Suguru, and Ieiri Shoko, were laughing and having a good old time. Geto and Ieiri passed around a cigarette while Gojo just smiled along. The trio came to campus often in between their missions, Ieiri mostly on campus anyways to continue her medical studies and provide services as necessary.

"Y/N?" Haibara captured your attention again when you failed to answer his question. You shook your head as you snapped out of it, giving Haibara all of the information he needed. "Ohhh!!! I get it," his already large smile grew somehow even larger, its edges curling deviously. "You have a crush, don't you?"

Your cheeks quickly darkened in color as you glanced away from Haibara, again giving an obvious answer to his question. He began poking your shoulder excitedly, teasing you like some kind of elementary schooler.

"So who is it?" He taunted while poking you. "Who? Who? Who?" He asked in time with each poke. His excitement caused you to giggle, your heart fluttering in your chest as you'd been found out.

"Just leave her be, Yu," Nanami gave his own sigh, one of exhaustion.

"Buzzkill," Haibara stopped immediately, always somehow listening to Nanami.

The four of you continued to sit, daydream, and carry on small conversation as you enjoyed the summer afternoon break. You continued to stare at the platinum crop of hair, letting your heart pound away and ignoring your three classmates for the most part.

You had admired Gojo for quite some time. He was charming, kind, always willing to lend a helping hand, and most of all...sexy. Of course he was also gifted, his power one of the strongest in the jujutsu community. He was the full package, you convinced yourself.
But, unfortunately for you, you were nowhere in his league. You weren't sure who would be, but you felt out of anyone's league - your self-esteem was at an all time low. Your hair was messy, you never wore makeup, you were the denizen of your dorm room for sixteen hours of the day, and a virgin to boot among other things that you considered unappealing to others. While these factors weren't something to be ashamed of, you had convinced yourself that they were and that someone popular and well-rounded like Gojo Satoru would never be interested in someone like you.

You were always slightly reckless with your staring, getting lost in the daydream a bit too often. It hardly ever got you in trouble, and when it did, it was mostly in the classroom - but this time, you had been caught by someone else - someone that mattered.

You hardly noticed when your three friends had gotten up and left, your focus on your daydreams far too intense to be interrupted by subtle movement in the real world. What finally managed to snap you out of your trance was the eye contact of none other than Gojo's best friend. 

His eyes widened as soon as he turned his head and noticed your dreamy stare toward the three of them. A grin grew upon his face as soon as you sat up a little straighter, cheeks flooding with color yet again.
You watched with horror as he obviously dismissed himself from Gojo and Ieiri and began walking in your direction.

You had never spoken to any of your seniors in your two and a half years at TJH. They mostly bothered Nanami and Haibara when they were around, not really acknowledging your presence.
It was safe to say your nervous system was firing up in full gear, palms growing sweaty and heart pumping even faster than it already was as he came closer and closer.

"Hey there," Geto's voice was calm and smooth, its tone a bit nasally. You looked up at him with a bit of awkward fear in your eyes. As he spoke, he pushed a stray strand of hair behind his ear, the rest of it up in a bun as it always was. "What's up?"

"N-nothing much," you cleared your throat and tried to muster up a bit of confidence as you spoke. "What's up with you?"

"Oh, I just noticed you were staring in our direction with a very...interesting expression on your face," he chuckled, noticing the color in your cheeks.

"That? Right!" You felt the nerves quickly returning. "I daydream...a lot," you looked away. Your refusal to make eye contact was incredibly telling. Considering your lack of socialization, it was harder for you to properly keep your thoughts to yourself.

"You were staring at him, weren't you?" He crossed his arms and kept the shit-eating grin on his face as he waited for your answer.

You swallowed hard and looked at him like a deer in headlights, concentrating on his expression to see what you could get away with. The answer: nothing.
"What of it?" You became defensive with the cat out of the bag. Geto closed his lips, the smile still prominent with satisfaction.

"Why don't you go for it?" He asked, tone now more casual and genuinely curious. "He's single. Honestly...I'm tired of hearing story after story of his one night stands," he rolled his eyes and then brought his focus back to you.

You tightened your jaw, still feeling uncomfortable with the topic while also trying to get the image of your beloved Gojo fucking someone else out of your mind. You ended up shaking your head. "No way would he go for someone like me. I mean, look at me," you chuckled pathetically.

Geto looked you up and down for a moment. You pressed your ankles inward as they dangled from the porch in an awful attempt to shell yourself from his gaze. He honestly couldn't see what the problem was, but he knew it was likely you wouldn't believe him. In fact, he wouldn't tell you, but his mindset on your appearance and personality was completely opposite of your own.

"Hmm..." he held his chin between his index and thumb, "I mean, I could help you - if you want."

You squinted your eyes in his direction, suspicious of his motives. "And what do you get out of it?"

"I'll never have to hear another lame one night stand story again," Geto chuckled, "and I'd get to see my best friend happy. He deserves a good person in his life, and...honestly, he might not look it, but being happy is something he struggles with. He's got a pretty big weight on his shoulders as the only member of his own clan."

Your frequent blush arose again, but this time instead of embarrassment it was from Geto's charm. You hardly believed yourself capable, but his insufferably warm smile in your direction was hard to ignore.

"You really think I could be that someone?" Your question had a tone of both blissful dreaminess and complete disbelief.

Geto shrugged. "Maybe," he answered with a grin.

With the slightest bit of hesitance, you exchanged phone numbers, hoping that Geto was being genuine and not trying to pull some kind of prank.