Ch. 17 - Just a Wound

When it came time to complete your assignment, you found the car ride to the location to be the worst of it. 
The entire drive was filled with dreaded silence. The tense atmosphere made it even worse, as if the two of you wanted to talk but figured the other wouldn't want to reconcile - which wasn't necessarily untrue as stubborn as you both were.

The first words you exchanged occurred as soon as the car pulled up beside the hospital, a hospital cleared out for patient safety all thanks to the special grade you were called to eradicate.

"Stay in the car," Geto muttered and immediately exited, giving you little to no time to react.

"Suguru!" You angrily called after him, struggling to get out of your seatbelt. 

You chased after him, but were too late. He gave you quite the glare as he held up his fingers, the veil he cast closing behind him before you could join. 

"No!" You pounded against its impenetrable surface. "Goddammit, Suguru!"

In defeat, you leaned against the veil and slid down its side until you plopped on the ground. You sighed to yourself and meditated, hoping Suguru would be alright on his own. After all, the two of you were assigned together for a reason.

"How's it goin'?" Your phone buzzed from Gojo's sudden text. 

"Not so great," you answered back, fingers blazing with the need to vent but holding back. "I guess you're done with your assignment already?"

"Yep!" He answered. "And since you answered I can only assume you're on the way there? Suguru still being mean?"

"You're half right," you rolled your eyes to yourself, "he veiled himself in so I can't participate."

"I'm going to need to have a talk with him lol!" You could almost hear Gojo's enthusiastic voice. 

Just as you were about to write back, the veil behind you began to dissipate. You scrambled to your feet as soon as possible and turned around to find the aftermath. 
Geto caught your eye immediately. He was on the ground, clutching his side with one hand and had his other hand outstretched away from you as he took in the curse, it's body transforming into a bronze-colored sphere. From beneath his clutched hand, blood pooled onto the sidewalk below. 

"Suguru!" You shouted and ran to his side. Kneeling down, you helped him apply pressure to his wound to which he winced and turned his head away from you. With your other hand, you took out your phone and began to call Gojo.
"Hey," you answered as soon as he picked up, "are you on-campus right now? Can you get Ieiri and bring her here? Suguru's...he's bleeding from his side...everywhere."

Within a split second, Gojo had Ieiri ported to your location. She had a small pouch with her, likely to tend to his wounds seeing as her technique could only do so much.

"This is what you get for being reckless," Ieiri scolded in a monotone voice while blowing smoke from a cigarette drag. She then bent over and shooed your hand away. 

You stayed knelt by Geto's side, your dirtied hand keeping yourself up while the other was placed gently on his shoulder for comfort. Ieiri stitched away to close the wound, Geto clearly in discomfort despite the pain reliever she had injected. 

"What the hell were you thinking, Sugu?" Gojo tsked with his arms crossed. Geto gave his friend an angry look without a verbal answer. 

"I second that," you grumbled, to which Geto met you with the same stare. His look toward you, though, quickly softened. 

Meanwhile, Ieiri placed her hands against Geto's now stitched up side - repairing what she could with her technique. It took quite a bit of energy to do so, so when she used her technique you knew it was a dire situation. 

"You'll be able to heal on your own from here," Ieiri pulled away. "Satoru, can you take all of us back?"

"Sure," he shrugged. He then turned to wave your driver on. "Let's go!"

Thanks to Gojo's abilities, the four of you found yourselves back on campus in the blink of an eye. While Ieiri went her separate way, you and Gojo assisted Geto back into his room. 

"Alright," Gojo sighed as soon as Geto took a careful seat on his bed, "I've got a certain interview to go to. Y/N, you can look after him, right?" 

"Interview?" You nearly snorted. "For what, might I ask?"

"Well, there's an opening for a first year teacher," he gave a gentle blush and rubbed the back of his head. "I'd like a change of pace. We're not going to be around forever, so raising up the next generation's important."

"So cryptic," you muttered, "I just graduated last year, you know."

"I meant more like me and Suguru," Gojo corrected. "This generation got lucky with us-,"

"Wow, cocky, nice trait," you teased with a warm smile, interrupting his sentence. "I got it, good luck."

"Alright," Gojo chuckled, "I'll check in on you later." He then disappeared without a trace.

"Now then," you turned to Geto with Gojo gone, "Ieiri told us to dress your wound when we got in, so...I guess we should do that." Without his reply, you meandered about his apartment to the bathroom. 

You searched every one of his drawers for the supplies, and, of course, the last one you checked was the one that contained the things you needed. 
You returned to Geto's side and silently motioned him to pick up his shirt. Without words of his own, he did so without question - opting for taking the entire thing off for ease of access. 

You began by disinfecting his stitches. Despite the injury just happening barely a moment ago, the stitches looked relatively calm thanks to Ieiri's help. He still winced at the cold, stinging sensation as you applied the salve. 
From there, you steadily began wrapping gauze around his waist - Geto having no other type of bandages in his medicine cabinet. 

"This looks familiar," Geto muttered while leaning back on his hands as you continued wrapping. His tone was a bit cold and distant, the two of you only having exchanged a few sentences since the night of your party.

"What are you talking about?" You asked with the same angry sounding tone Geto used.

"Don't you remember?" His tone softened. "You broke my ribs last year." You blushed immediately and paused your motions.

"No, I'd rather forget," you gave a small giggled and continued until you ran out of gauze. 

"This time it's my fault," he sighed. "I should've brought you in to help. I'm not used to getting my ass kicked like that."

"Sure," you tried to keep your smile down, not wanting to stop being angry at him. "All set," you sat up straight again with Geto's wound completely taken care of. 

"Cool," he mumbled and then reached into the pocket of his harem pants. He came to a stand and pulled out the small, bronze-colored ball that contained the curse. "At least I still managed to get it."

"At least there's that," you agreed and watched as he painfully swallowed the ball whole, a grotesque look on his face as soon as he got it down. "I guess I should-" you began to stand.

"Y/N," Geto stopped you, placing two fingers on your shoulders to guide you back down, "I've been meaning to...repay you."

You cocked your head out of confusion and curiosity. "Repay me?" You shook your head as you asked, squinting your eyes toward him out of suspicion. "For what? Wrapping your bandages?"

Geto's face remained unchanged, staying in a cool, calm, and collected expression. "Lay back."