•̀︿•́ #1

"You are obviously lonely, and yet for the sake of eternity you choose to stretch your loneliness out to infinity... Tell me this. Why is the sky here that was once so dark glowing again? Why now? This is your Plane of Euthymia. It's your inner world. So it can only mean... that you are happy to see me again. You have found the loneliness here unbearable for a long time now, haven't you?"

heavy rain thundered down against the gritty rocks like madness under the comfortless night sky. perhaps, the gods had been angered. the night has turned darker than ever; and upon the thundering rain stood two ruthless people.

"miko-" ei was interrupted because the kitsune had fallen down from her stance. she hunched over on the ground and covered her jewels adorned ears from the loud noise with a mournful expression. She shivered under the hard rain with her wet pink garments stuck to her slender body. ei, also shivering besides her, crouched down with a forlorn face. she had tried comforting yae but the thunder silenced her multiple times.

"fuck, ei, you're insufferable. i fucking hate you." miko cried out in the rain, she cowered her head further. she hadn't looked at ei once because she knew the words coming out of her mouth wouldn't be true.

ei made a pained expression. it hadn't hurt this much since her sister died. then why now? was this what awaited her when she decided to come out of her consciousness after 500 years? to hear that she was insufferable? of course she fucking knew herself. but to hear it from your own lover was like a pierce to the heart. ei wasn't sure what she did to cause a misunderstanding but it hurted the both of them.

"i hate you i hate you i hate you," miko mumbled to herself, "you and your fucking walls, ei, i don't fucking understand how this shitshow of a relationship will work out if you just keep shutting yourself out from me." she thrashed out in the rain, " i love you, ei, i really fucking do, but fucking archons, you make me feel so unwanted and so unloved." the young lady sobbed uncontrollably.

"i've been waiting for you in fucking despair for 500 years and all i got was an empty shell as my lover. you act as if i don't love you enough, like i don't care about you at all. what more do i have to do? am i just not enough for you?" then she did the inevitable, miko spat in her face, saliva combining with the precipitation.

ei sat down in complete silence. she didn't even have the thought to wipe away the sticky feeling on her cheek. the rain wasn't getting any lighter, no, in fact, it has turned into an absolute downpour. miko had been pouring out her feelings and all ei did was stare into the abyss. she had been rendered speechless.

nonetheless, miko continued, "fuck you, i hate it i hate i hate it. i fucking hate it." she knew she was acting like a child but she couldn't care less. "just the thought of being with you and talking to you right now is suffering me, i don't fucking know what i would do without you," miko grabbed both of ei's shoulders and shook her furiously, "but god, here you are, acting as if my existence doesn't even phase you one bit nor you show at least a tiny amount of your affection for me." she fell down besides the shogun, leaning against her and continued to sob. ei wrapped her small body into her warmth, holding her dearly as she wept.

"i-i hate you," she went on, weeping. ei shushed her and kissed the crown of her head.

"i know you do." she murmured into the pink hair as her hands gently soothe down miko's back up and down. ei cried silently along with the on-going rain, tears mixed into the disappearing air within. the roaring sound of water splashing against the road was deafening but all she heard was miko's pain in her arms.

yae, leave ei alone💀- me probably