2. avoiding batman is harder than it seems

Nadia's eyes went back and forth from his arm to his face a few times. She realized two important things. One, that yes this was happening. And two, no it was not helping with her heart rate picking up.

In one effortless motion, he pushed her away and back into her chair. Nadia grunted at the impact on her back. Nadia felt the bruise starting to form and used her powers to lessen the effects.

"Who are you? Where am I?" the Dark Knight growled. His voice was so deep, gravelly, and scratchy. it made Nadia's eyes widen. On top of that, he glared through his mask, and honestly, it was way more intense than any nasty look she's been given by anyone else via her customer service jobs.

In Nadia's mind that was going a million miles an hour, she had a brief thought that he resembled a kitty cat ready to pounce more than a bat.

Well, a really big kitty cat. Like a lion. A scary lion that was very much capable of breaking your neck at a moment's notice.

Nadia gulped. "I'm a doctor. You- Uhm, you fell in front of my car when I was driving home after a shift. Uhm, I didn't think you'd be a fan of hospitals. So, I took you to my apartment which was probably a bad idea, in hindsight. But, that's where we are, uhm, in my apartment." She felt like she was dealing with a wild animal. She kept constant eye contact with the man but ever so often she would look away. Then, she'd remind herself that it was a very wild individual that shouldn't be shown any weakness and look back up. Nadia didn't realize how scary it'd be when he woke up.

Batman took a while to look around. He honed in on the IV drip in her hands and exposed foot.

"Oh! Since you fell from the sky and I didn't know how badly you were hurt I checked around your body a bit to see if you were hurt anywhere. I think you may have a concussion just based on the... Falling from the sky... Thing. I also think that you have a sprained ankle and patched you up. You could be in a lot of pain, so I was gonna give you a drip with ibuprofen in it. It helps with pain relief. But then, you, you know, woke up. How are you feeling by the way?" Nadia spoke hurriedly. Nadia wondered if Batman got anything that she said. He wasn't being aggressive anymore so she assumed he heard her.

Nadia didn't think she felt more like a chihuahua more than in this situation. She could see herself shaking soon.

"Where do you work?"

"Oh!" Nadia came to a realization. "I never even introduced myself. Uhm, I'm Nadia Kim. I work in the ER at Gotham General Hospital but I dabble here and there. I've only started working for a few years now..." Nadia didn't know what else to say. Hopefully, he doesn't kill her or anything. He was supposed to protect people but she's heard about the stories where he has severely hurt the bad guys. So, not being a bad guy in his eyes is priority number one. Nadia should be fine. She hopes.

"How old are you?"

"I'm twenty-five. Uhm, I'm pretty young for a doctor that just finished residency... Not to sound cocky or anything but I'm good at what I do." Batman just stared at her. Nadia gulped and narrowed her eyes towards the man trying to gauge his reaction. He gave her nothing.

After a long silence that made her want to crawl in a hole and hide, he spoke up again. "Why do you have an IV ibuprofen drip at your apartment?"

"Uhm, well, I do this thing where I over-prepare for made-up scenarios I think of in my head. Like what if one of my neighbors broke a bone by falling down the stairs as they were walking from it and I needed to perform an immediate surgery on the spot because that was the only thing that would save their life and I needed some painkillers because obviously if it's a surgery it's gonna hurt a lot so I need to prescribe them something. So I keep an emergency IV ibuprofen drip on hand... just... in case..." Nadia cleared her throat, looking away from Batman. She was going to die of embarrassment before the Bat could do anything to her, she could feel it. Honestly? Nadia could come to terms with it.