3. batman's seeing her but not like that

Let's paint the picture, Nadia was about to head to bed. In all of her bright pink cat-printed pajama glory. She was going to lay in her bed, do a little light reading before sleeping, and then sleep. This is something that comes to a rarity for her since she almost always tires herself to sleep instead of treating herself to it. Nadia thought, what the hell? It was her day off and if she wanted to read a book before bed to aid in her sleep, so be it!

Wrong.

The fact that Batman was back inside of her apartment was giving her a completely different vibe than what she wanted. Nadia had the most rotten luck. She was about ready to lose it because of a grown man that wanted to wear spandex and fall from the sky.

Batman doubled over and groaned in pain. That caused Nadia to get out of a trance that involved cursing out the vigilante in her head. Rushing towards him she helped the injured man onto her bed.

As she was about to ask him what was wrong with him, she looked over to his abdomen and saw the flesh wound. Nadia frowned. This flesh wound was different. It was turning white as she was watching it. It looked like an infection but it was accelerating so fast, if this keeps up then it would spread to his blood system. She could use her powers and fix up nicely and easily. The only problem, Batman was awake this time around.

So troublesome.

"I'll be back," she told him, running out of the room and into the bathroom. Nadia ran the hot water and grabbed the first aid kid. She ran back into the kitchen after dropping off the first aid kit near her door. Running back, with a cup in hand, she filled it up with warm water, and on the way out she grabbed a washcloth.

She could've used her powers, infections were a breeze but if she wanted to keep her powers hidden, she needed a more conspicuous way of healing the man. He was causing her more trouble than she'd like.

Walking back to the room with a cup of water and the kit. Nadia assessed how much the infection had grown. Luckily, not that much from before. Nadia didn't have much time, though, it was still growing. She placed the kit down on the floor. Nadia dampened the washcloth with warm water and started to clean around the area. Once she did all she could she went to the actual infection, making sure to be gentle in case puss wanted to introduce herself to her.

Opening the case and got alcohol and cotton pads. They needed to sterilize the area. Stop or slow down the surface infection. Nadia used one of her hands to hold down his skin as she wiped around the area. Of course, it was unnecessary. She used that opportunity to feel around his bloodstream.

Nadia wanted to ask the vigilante about what exactly caused this because Nadia detected bacteria in his bloodstream. It was in the early stages of blood poisoning, but it was still hazardous for people who don't receive medical attention right away.

Nadia was able to reverse the blood poisoning. She also took that time to lessen the infection underneath the skin. Looking back at Batman's face, made Nadia realize how inconvenient the mask was. He was grimacing with his mouth though, alcohol and infections aren't a walk in the park.

"How are you doing?"

"In pain," he seethed.

"Only on the wound, right? Nowhere else?"

He nodded.

"Okay, good. I'm going to apply antibiotics on the infection and it should counter the effects, but this is extreme. I'm good at what I do but I have no idea what kind of infection grows this fast."

Batman didn't say anything but she assumed that he was in too much pain to speak at the moment. Nadia took out the antiseptic cream from her kit and lathered it around and on the infected wound. She felt the biology of the wound and could see that it was now stopping. Nadia suspected that she would end up reapplying every 15 minutes for the infection to decrease. After taping down a piece of gauze over the wound, Nadia was finished for now.