𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

PROLOGUE: THE CLASHINGOF THE MULTIVERSES

OF THE MULTIVERSES

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AS EVENING CASTED its dusky gown, the air became fresh and restful, and the time for reflection arrived. The evening was a reward after the daylight efforts were made, and the time where it is supposed to feel good to enjoy the simple pleasures and prepare oneself for the world of dreams. The achievements of the day should form some pride that will warm young Cassandra's soul, a sense of happiness. 

But it didn't. Not for the young learner of the mystic arts.

Deep emotions stirred with no other outlet but through Cassandra's long-lasting sobs. She had failed again to perform a spell and it backfired, creating a hole in the Temple and injuring her friend Wong. Why couldn't she be like the others who progressed well? This had been the twentieth time she failed. It was a simple spell, why couldn't she perform it? What was wrong with her? She sprinted to her room, her eyes bleeding torrents of grief. 

The teenager slammed her door shut, and leant against it, bawling. She stared at her hands and her Sling Ring for a moment before pitching it across the room. She didn't like this feeling, being defeated, being helpless. She was the Guardian, the prophesied companion and defender of the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth. She cannot fail. The girl's eyes flickered at the tomes that contain each Guardian's accounts of their adventures, slowly padding over to it.

Was she really the Guardian? What if the prophecy was wrong? What if it wasn't her?

Her fingers reached out to point out the written interpretations of the prophecy by the third and fourth Guardians. Actually, Cassandra was now the sixth individual who was chosen and the pressure burdened her immensely to the point that she imagined what her life would be if she wasn't in Kamar-Taj. But then, this was her choice. She wasn't forced into this. Her parents, Harry and Olivia, and her mystical teacher, the Ancient One, let her choose.

Cassandra couldn't help thinking if she made the wrong decision. She was still young, she should be enjoying what a normal teenager is doing, right? She let out a small breath as she read the inscriptions in the book.

A Guardian is only born when the next Sorcerer Supreme of Earth will be needing an advisor, a companion, a friend in his vast traverses throughout the multiverse. They will be the mirror of the Sorcerer Supreme, their evaluator, the angel to their demons, their rock and salvation. - Anna Beltruze, third Guardian of the Sorcerer Supreme.

I really think a Guardian exists to smack the back of the Sorcerer Supreme's head when they make a decision without weighing in the consequences and especially when they are being idiotic. - Ilsa Mavis, fifth Guardian of the Sorcerer Supreme.