chapter six.

chapter six.
'𝐭𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

∙∙∙∙∙

𝐥𝐨𝐮

Lou forgot how hard it was to spend time with people who weren't Kit. Not everyone was as easy to speak to like he was and Alfie Watson was a paragon of that in this moment. Lou hadn't realised how often Alfie talked about himself, fixed his hair or looked at himself every time they passed a window. Quite obnoxious really. 

"Lou?" He broke her out of her trance. She had been too caught up on how much he was annoying her, she had completely missed what he had said.

"I'm sorry," She shook her head with a smile, "What were you saying?"

"I asked you about that actor guy," He leant back in his seat, arms crossed over his chest. "Seems proper entitled, hey. Bet he thinks he's big because he's got a new show out,"

"Kit?" Her chest tightened with anger. 

"Yeah, think so," He nodded, "Seems like a twat," 

"He's actually the nicest person I've ever known," Lou sat up in her chair, "And he works hard, like really hard." 

"Woah, why are you gettin' so protective over him, I was just saying," Alfie looked at Lou like she was crazy, but she wasn't. He was being rude, unkind. Those attributes on their own were distasteful, but being unkind to Kit? How it make Lou upset.

"Because you're not being very nice about him," Lou shook her head.

"What you like him or something?" His eyes poured into hers. The question weighed Lou's chest down and make her feel small. She panicked.

"No! No, of course not," She scoffed, "Just don't think you saying that stuff is necessary," Lou shrugged. Alfie looked at her for a couple seconds, pausing before he spoke.

"Alright," He nodded, "Sorry,"

"Think I'll get out here if that's alright," Lou opened her car door. 

"You're seriously mad at me for this?" Alfie scoffed, as Lou tried to get out of the car, "Can't believe you're upset just because I don't like the guy,"

"You've really got no reason not to," Lou looked at him once more before getting out of the car, "Talk later," She closed the door behind her, walking down the road. Alfie drove off, leaving Lou alone in the dark. It was late, her mum would be asleep by now. Lou clicked on the contact of the one person she wanted to hear from.

"Hey," He answered after one ring.

"Hi, um- I have a favour to ask you," Lou leant against a fence as she spoke.

"Anything, are you okay?" Lou heard the concern in his voice, she could only imagine the worried look on his face. "Has something happened?"

"I um- just need a lift home please- well, a lift to your house if you can," Lou laughed. She felt Kit relax in his next response. 

"Oh yeah, course. Where abouts are you?" The jingling of car keys could be heard in the background. Lou imagined Kit forcing his feet into his shoes in a rush to come get her. Lou smiled at the thought. "I'll leave right now,"

"Just down near Remmington Place," 

"Lou, that's not a nice area. Are you alone? I thought you were with a friend," Kit rushed, the sound of a car door shutting underneath his words. 

"Don't think I want to be friends with anyone besides you anymore," She smiled softly. 

"I'm okay with that," Kit laughed, "Please stay somewhere that people can see you, or in a lit up area- like I'm serious Lou. I'll be there soon, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you Kit," 

"Always," She could hear his smile. 

"You're going to fall asleep," Kit jeered as Lou laid her head down on a pillow. 

"No I won't, I'm just more comfortable here," She laughed. Kit's downstairs living room had been taken over, blankets and throw pillows across the floor and couch. Lou stretched herself out across the three-seater couch, Kit's pillow now laid under her head.

"If you miss half the film I'm not going to feel bad for you," Kit shook his head, selecting a movie to watch. 

"You pick bad ones anyway, so I won't mind," Lou sighed, resting her feet on top of Kit's lap.

"I'm not a foot rest," Kit smirked at her, a pointed look on his face.

"My mistake," Lou chuckled, leaving her feet on him. Kit liked to say he knew everything about Lou, and truth be told, he probably did. She was a familiar warm breeze, one that you always loved to feel. So when Lou fell asleep ten minutes into the film, he wasn't surprised. Even warm breezes need to rest.

With a smile resting on his lips, Kit pulled a throw blanket from the floor in front of him, pulling it up and over Lou so she wouldn't run cold in the night. He sent Lou's mum a message that Lou was asleep at his house, so she wouldn't get a fright in the morning. As he pressed send, he looked over at Lou, grateful for her.