1.

Frankly, Aurora wouldn't title herself a social person. She was never the one to go to parties, let alone throw them. Not as a teenager and not now.

In fact, she despised it all: getting ready, drinking from red plastic cups, pushy guys, girls that think they're party animals when they're clearly not, rooms with sweating people standing too close to each other. All of it bored her to death.

Her mom always told her that she would regret not meeting new people when she was older. Now she was older and she didn't regret anything. She preferred to stay home and tell herself that she would wait until everyone finally grew up.

Tonight was one of those stay-home-nights. She came home from work early because Bruce had meetings to attend that were non of her business. After that, she had seen him disappear into the basement of the Wayne Mansion, as usual.
She has known him for almost seven years now, working as his assistant of some kind, her job got a lot easier the last two years because Bruce just stopped to make an appearance in public.
Aurora loved her job, which involved talking to few people and sometimes taking care of Bruce and Alfred.

She knew that her job was basically unnecessary, but her and Bruce became friends over time. She knew that she only sticked around because of the little, weird family she, Alfred and Bruce made.

Now Aurora was standing in her dark living room, holding a cup filled with green tea, her favorite. She planned on getting cozy in front of the TV and eating junk food, when her planes where interrupted by a dark silhouette in front of her small window.

She had to pull herself together not to let out a scream.

There was a man standing on her fire escape.

Aurora didn't know for how long he had been standing there. After all her mother had taught her about men, she should call the police immediately, but something about the man's stillness made her curious. He was dressed all black, a hood covering his head. The guy was tall, had broad shoulders and still managed to look lanky somehow. Aurora couldn't see his face, his back was facing her. It looked like he was holding an object to his face, but she couldn't identify what.

Careful not to make him notice her, she took a slight step to the left, and detected the object as binoculars.

Was that a stalker or something?

A cold shiver ran down her spine.
She was utterly speechless. Aurora was frozen in motion, watching a man who was watching someone.
What a nice outcome for this evening, she thought.

Was she supposed to stand here all night and wait until the creep leaves?

Auroras mom was a cop. She had taught her daughter to be careful around men. Her mom worked on top of Gotham City Police Department and had dealt with men of all kind. But the fire-escape-man hadn't even noticed her.
Why bother the cops, then?

Auroras mind was filled with what if scenarios.

What if she threw the cup and let it shatter on the ground?

What if he noticed her some other way, in a reflection?

What if he tried to break in and would find her hidden somewhere?

What if he would do more than just rob her?

What if he had completely different intentions?

By the time Aurora came back from her thoughts, the man was gone.

A/N: Yep that's a pretty short chapter, if you'd like another one please comment or vote!
See u! <3