4.

A/N: Sorry for not updating so long Iol

Rory stepped into the darkness of the basement holding her breath. There was a dim orange, cozy light coming from somewhere around the corner.
It smelled of mold and old stone, what a surprise.

She slowly walked to where the light must come from.

What's he hiding down here? Dead bodies or something?

Into her view came some sort of workplace that looked a mess. Two computer screens on a big desk that was overloaded with stuff that Aurora couldn't identify. Paper was laying around everywhere.
The computer was turned on and it looked like a chat with green characters.

Just as Rory wanted to get closer to read the chat, she felt a warm, big hand clasping her upper arm. Shit.

"What are you doing down here, Rory?" His raspy, muffled voice startled her a bit.

Aurora slowly turned around to face Bruce, who still had a firm grip on her arm. As she faced him she could now see his eyes boring into hers. He didn't even look suprised. His face didn't show any hint of emotion.

His dark hair was messy and partly hanging over his forehead and was that eyeliner on his lower lashline?...

"I...um..was looking for you."
Why hadn't she noticed before that he was shirtless? Rory couldn't form a sentence, she was too busy trying not to stare at his bare chest.
Since when is he so ripped?

Bruce looked down at her and raised his thick eyebrows, waiting for Rory to continue.
"Did you think about the charity event?" She continued.

The fingerprints of the man on the street were hurting on her neck and the girl knew that it would soon start to bruise.
Great.
"Not yet." Bruce's voice sounded as down as his outer appearance.

"I figured that I would just go with you, I don't want to condemn a poor girl to having to listen to your silence for hours."
Bruce removed his large hand from her arm and Rory immediately missed the warmth of his skin on hers.

"How thoughtful of you"
Rory was waiting for his mischievous smile that she loved so much, but she didn't get to see it this time.
His eyes stared into hers, as if to capture them so she couldn't look around the room. That was when Aurora noticed that the both of them were standing in the filthy basement of the mansion.

"I told you to not come down here."

"Why?" Rory tore her eyes away from his, trying to get a better look at the old stone ceiling, covered in spider webs and dust.
"I mean, besides the obvious."

What are you hiding, Bruce?

Just as she was about to take a look at the cumputer, a large figure pushed up in front of her, which turned out to be Bruce.

"Personal reasons."

Personal reasons? Since when does he has secrets from Aurora?
This was new.

"And these personal matters of yours can't be taken care of on the first floor?"
Bruce let out an annoyed sigh.

"Go upstairs, I'll be with you in a minute, Rory." With that he turned away from her, his broad shoulders still covering her view.

Even in the dim light she could see that he had a few bruises on his shoulder that started to turn green.
For a moment Rory thought about asking him what happened. But a part of her already knew, that her dear friend would not give her a proper answer.

So she turned around and stepped into the elevator once again.
After pressing the button, she gave Bruce one more glance, but he was busy staring at the computer screen that Rory could finally read now.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" is all she could read, because the elevator doors closed
and blocked her view once more.

A/N: Sorry once again I just didn't have the motivation to write. But now I'll try to update regularly;)