2.

Gotham was never the city for sunshine, Aurora knew that. Growing up in the city wasn't always easy, especially with her mom being a fulltime cop.
The girl got used to being alone and even started to like it. Nothing changed.
"Nothing ever changes in this city.", her mom liked to say. She had always been a very down-to-earth person and  just scoffed when she saw the so called vengeance on TV.
Aurora felt pretty neutral about that guy with the mask, which was special because she mostly had an opinion on everything.

Although she thought he looked a bit ridiculous with these little bat ears.

She was on her way to work, the rain pouring onto her black umbrella. The droplets of water ran down the fabric of her rain shield onto the floor as Aurora was quickly walking down the road to the Wayne Mansion.

As she entered the lobby, she noticed Alfred dusting of the flowers that were centered on a table in the middle of the huge foyer.
"How are we doing, Alfred?"

He rose his head and already smiled at her.

"Excellent, Miss Whitlock. Thank you."
Aurora answered with a smile on her lips and quick nod. She had insisted from the beginning on that he called her Aurora, but Alfred was a big fan of formalitys, no matter how long you've known each other.

"Did you have an enjoyable evening?", he knew how much she loved her alone time.

Wouldn't call it enjoyable.

"Yes, I went to bed early."

Aurora hadn't told anyone about the incident last night. She couldn't call her mom, she would've freaked out and told her to come back and live with her again. Her mom was very protective of Aurora and the other way around, so it was hard for the both of them when the daughter moved out.
Aurora considered calling Bruce and telling him about the man outside her window, but she didn't know if he wouldn't care at all or if he came over with security cameras and bodyguards. So she didn't call anyone.

"He's not awake, yet." Alfred devoted himself fully to the task of dusting the flowers again.

Of course he isn't.

"It's fine, I'll just wake him up." With that, she headed towards the elevator in front of her.
Elevator rides would be awkward, if there was another person. But to Aurora's delight, she standing here alone and enjoying the silence.
Her calmness was disturbed by a notification from her phone. It was Bruce's calendar, telling her that tomorrow's some charity event that Bruce got invited to months ago.

Right, she forgot about that one.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, letting Aurora outside and walk through the hall. She knocked on the door of Bruce's room, but didn't get an answer. Without much overthinking she went into room and was greeted by darkness. The air meeting Aurora's skin was stuffy.
For how long had he been in there?
She walked straight to his bed and grabbed the covers, trying to pull them away. Her pathetic attempt to wake Bruce failed miserably because he was somehow stuck in the blanket.
"Bruce"
He didn't move.
"Bruce, wake up."
Nope, still not moving.

She slowly bend forward and put her hand, that was still cold from the freezing rain, on his bare back.
A sly grin was forming on her lips and before she could let her hand wander around on his back to make him shiver more, he jumped, letting out a grunt and turned toward Aurora. His eyes were opened widely in shock and his left hand was facing Aurora, like almost to grab her by the throat.

Their eyes were locked and the girl was mirroring Bruce's exact emotions: surprised, confused, almost frightened.
But soon enough, Bruce realized who was standing in front of him.
"Rory." He let out a quick sigh and averted his gaze to the dark blue silk-sheets, that Aurora had tried to pull away a few moments ago.

"What the hell are you doing here?" There he was again, the paranoid, misunderstood, sophisticated man she learned to love over time.

"My job?" Rory made her way through the chaos on the floor to the windows, opened the curtains and with them the window to let some fresh air in this overheated room.
She heared Bruce let out a huff behind her.

"Also..", the girl made her way back to Bruce and took a seat on his bed. He looked at her with his tired eyes that some might read as annoyed, but Rory knew that was his resting face after a rough night.
What night should he have had, he never leaves this house.

"Tomorrow's the GFT-charity event that YOU are a big sponsor of."
She turned her head to face Bruce and got a better look at him.

To put it bluntly, he was a mess. His dark hair was sticking in all directions, his face was paler than ever, under his eyes, where you could still see some black coloring, were dark shadows. He looked like he went through an apocalypse and was the last one that survived.
"Jeez, you look awful."
Ignoring Rory's comment about Bruce's appearance he answered in a muffled voice.
"Can't go. I'm busy."

"No, you're not." Rory knew Bruce's entire calendar. It was easy to memorize, especially because the only events in that calendar were Christmas, the birthday of Bruce's mother and the Memorial Day for his parent's death. Not any of that was anytime soon.

"You're father had always been present at the GFT. He'd never missed a single one."
Bruce's thick eyebrows furrowed.
"How do you know that?"
Rory smiled. Alfred may or may not have given her a little hint on how to make Bruce go to the event.
"That's not the point." She looked him in the eyes again. "Your father would want you to go."

This time, Bruce didn't let his eyes wander on the floor, he stared straight at Aurora. His grey eyes pierced their way into Auroras soul and a shiver ran down her spine. Not in a bad way.
The death stare. Great, now she knew she got under his skin.
"Think about it, please."
Bruce didn't say anything, nor did he nod his head, but Rory knew he was thinking about it already.
She lifted herself off his bed and tried her best not to fall over the clothes that laid on the floor while she made her way to the door.
The girl was almost out of the room, when Bruce found his voice again.

"My mother went with him." Rory heard in his voice, that talking about his mother took a lot of courage for him. "He didn't go alone."

"Then I'll organize you a date or I'll go with you by myself." She smiled.
Bruce just stared at her again but this time it wasn't the death stare. It was something different that Aurora couldn't identify.

"Alright." He still sat in the same position as when she woke him up.

"Great!" Rory turned around, a slight smile plastered across her face.
Bruce didn't say anything else, he just sat there and stared, like he always did.

"And now get up, you live like a bat in here."
The corner of Bruce's lips slightly twitched upwards. The irony.

With that, Rory left Bruce alone and went downstairs.

A/N: Hey everyone! Just a short chapter, because I'm really busy with my exams rn (trying not to fail maths :/)
If you have any ideas that you would like to be included in the story you can always comment them!
Hope u enjoyed!
See u! ;)