Chapter 5

Percy's pov

      "Let's go and introduce you guys to the rest of the camp before the game." Chiron said. We started walking until I was stopped by Chiron. He put his hand on my shoulder and looked to make sure Y/n was out of earshot. "You need to tell her sometime, Percy." He said with a little grin. "Tell who what?" I replied, trying not to make it obvious. "You know what I'm talking about. Y/n, you need to tell her how you feel. I have a little feeling she may feel the same way towards you." Him saying that made me blush. He started walking away, waiting for me to follow. I started following and he kept talking. "I see the way you guys look at each other. It's hard not to see it." He chuckled. He saw the faint blush on my cheeks and patted my back. "Let's go." We got to the big training area and saw Y/n was already there. She saw me and smiled. I smiled back, feeling sheepish.

      "Hello. As you can see, we have some new campers. They are Percy Jackson and Y/n L/n. They will need a team." I felt a little nervous as I could tell Y/n was too. "We'll take the guy." A blonde guy said. "Hey, I'm Luke. Son of Hermes and team captian." He said as he shook my hand. "Where's your helmet?" He asked. "No body gave me one." I answered. "Chiron, do you still have your wheelchair? The kids gonna need it." I felt my eyes widen. Luke laughed and patted my shoulder. "I'm just messing with ya." I let out a shaky laugh as I heard Y/n giggle. "We'll take the Y/n." Annabeth said. "Let the game begin and have fun." Chiron said and everybody left.

Y/n's pov

      I walked towards the Annabeth girl as she handed me a red helmet and body armour. "Okay, so how do you play?" I asked as we walked to our post. "You just defend your flag and take down anybody who tries to take it." She replied with a smile. "Sounds easy enough." I said smiling back. "Yeah, for people with experience. You do not have any experience, so it will be hard for you." She said. I looked at her as we stopped walking. "Yeah, don't be so sure about that." I said, smiling at her as I put my helmet on. We waited for what felt like forever until we saw someone come walking near. I looked over where the sound was coming from and saw that it was Percy.

      He saw the flag as he looked up and started walking towards it from across the creek. He walked up and touched the flag. "No way. I won." He said. Annabeth jumped down beside him and took off her helmet. "Did you really think it would be that easy? My mother is the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. You know what that means? I always win." "And I always lose." Percy said as he outstretched his arms to the side. "Maybe we're both wrong." As soon as he said that, Annabeth struck his hand and cheek with her sword. I started to see something move beside them and saw the helmet was blue.

      It was Luke. He was planning on taking down Annabeth. I watched as he waited for her to win against Percy. Percy somehow healed by the water and was fully energized again. Other campers from my team had tried to knock him down but they all had failed. Annabeth looked shocked and went for an attack. After a minute of them fighting, Percy won but hasn't gotten to the flag yet. Once she had lost, Luke appeared out from the side and started charging towards Annabeth. I took off my helmet and jumped down like Annabeth had. When I jumped it made noise so anyone could hear it. Luke turned around at the sound and smiled. I walked closer to him as he did to me. "Well, looks like I get to kick some ass today." He said with a smile.

      "Yeah. We'll see about that." I had a little grin as I said it. Luke then went to strike me from above but I blocked his attack with my sword. Our swords kept clashing against each other until he had finally made a cut on my arm. I hissed at the pain but kept going. I struck him and got him in the cheek. He went to charging at me and pushed his sword forward. I had barely missed it since it grazed my side deeply. But not too deep. We kept fighting and I felt my energy was getting lower and lower with every minute I spent fighting.

      He tried to stab me but I grabbed his hand with my free one, turned and pushed the sword out of his hand. As I turned around, I had the swords placed to where one was at the back of his neck and the other at the front. I panted and looked at him as I smiled. His eyes seemed to have a shocked look in them. I smirked and handed him his sword. There were claps from everyone as I won the fight. I then felt dizzy all of the sudden. I fall down and the next thing I see is black.