[ 2 ]

╔════════•●•════════╗

"Hyunjin Hyung!" his brother, Niki, ran towards him to engulf him in a hug, "Lunchtime is nearing and Father said we would eat together so we better head over to the dining hall." Hyunjin nodded and draped an arm around his shoulder, leading them to the palace.

Moments like this were rare in the Hwang family, spending time with all 5 of them, I mean. As much as their parents love spending time with them, the king and queen were busy people, so most of the time the three siblings were with each other and each other only.

Hwang Yeji had always been by Hyunjin's side, quite literally as they were the first twins to be born in the Zinnian royal family, surprisingly. Growing up hip to hip, they sure did surprise their father when they took a liking to completely different things. Hyunjin always loved arts, spending his days' painting or studying the history of art. Yeji, on the other hand, was more of an explorer. Becoming one of the few woman scholars in the palace, she had traveled to many other kingdoms wanting to learn more about their culture and language, managing to build many alliances with other kingdoms as a polyglot in the royal family. They did have one thing in common though: their love for a good swordfight. Their days were filled with giggles and play threats as their mother occasionally shouted orders from her balcony -- which had a clear view of the field. "Fix your posture Jin!", "Spread apart your feet Yeddeong!" as they swung their swords in many directions. The only one who didn't quite enjoy the sounds of swords clashing was the youngest of the three, Nishimura Riki -- or as they called him, Niki -- which was ironic since he had been born on a battlefield.

Hina was 34 weeks pregnant when Zinnia went to battle with the Ao kingdom of Japan and she refused to let her army on their own, fighting beside them up until the last arrow was shot, when a horn blew to signal their victory, or better yet when her water broke. As both the king and queen found that moment historical (their youngest boy being born on a Japanese battlefield right after the biggest victory of that year) they decided the baby boy would carry his mother's surname, Nishimura. Yet despite his origins, he didn't take a liking to fights, instead finding solace in dancing. He would spend hours talking to Yeji about the music in all the places she'd visited before or practicing his ballet skills with Hyunjin in exchange for posing for one of his paintings. All in all, they had an incredible bond, and Hyunjin thought his life was perfect just the way it was.

But why had he always felt incomplete?

╚════════•●•════════╝