[ 3 ]

╔════════•●•════════╗

Running in the middle of the night through a dark forest as soft droplets of rain ran down his face was certainly not Jeongin's smartest idea, and he most definitely will have a sore throat in the morning, but he couldn't care less as he worked his feet over the dirt and grass, heading out of the woods with the events of that morning rushing through his mind.

・❥・

"You are doing WHAT?!", his best friend asked in an over exasperated sigh, "Why would you go to Zinnia of all places, and HELP them at that? You know how much the Ancient Ones despise humans!"

"Jisung you're engaged to a human florist.", he said with a deadpan look.

"That's different and you know it, Minho doesn't belong to any kingdoms AND was born and raised in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, and I still get dirty looks and a few pushes when I'm out. And besides, the Ancient Ones are THIS close to kicking me out of Azalee, the only reason they hadn't is that Mama Su fully supports us -- she's the only ancient I care about anyways. The point is I can't begin to imagine how they'll treat you when they find out you're siding with the blummin ROYAL FAMILY!", the shorter moved his limbs around frantically trying to make a point, only to resemble a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Jeongin and Jisung had been orphaned ever since (almost) birth, so the best friends were pretty much brothers. Lady Sujin -- or as they called, Mama Su -- had been the one who took them in and raised them, Jisung after his parents died in a bush fire when he was 2, and Jeongin a year after when she had heard crying coming from behind a tree, finding the one-year-old abandoned. It wasn't long till she figured out Jisung was a sky elf, as the 2-year-old sneezed once and flew across the room, but the younger was 4 when he had shown the first sign of his origins.

"Jeongin! Get back inside before you freeze your ears off!" Mama Su yelled from the porch to the boy sprawled across the snow, worried for the little one's health. "Jeongin for the love of Moon Goddess get back here or--" She came to a halt once she saw the blonde giggle while making snow angels that were... melting around him?

After that it was easy to notice how the boy would be extra hyper on sunny days, nearly bouncing off the walls, or how Jisung would cuddle up to him subconsciously when sleeping, seeing as that lulled him to sleep in a heartbeat. This was surprising, since sun elves were rare, especially up North where Azalee was located. Moon, Earth, and occasionally Sky elves were common, but he was the only one in the clan who could harness and feel the power of the Sun.

Once she figured out their origins, Mama Su started teaching them how to use their own abilities, the small teachings becoming training sessions once they grew older, eventually bringing them to a couple of the best warriors in Azalee (although Jisung got distracted easily). The Ancient Ones took a liking to the two young boys when Su first introduced them to the others, seeing as they were trained with the knowledge of one of their own. Ah yes, the Ancient Ones, wood nymphs who took in the elven families and founded Azalee, leading them ever since. Great leaders and great people, nobody ever went against their orders, well until now that is.

"Just trust me in this. Please Sungie" Jisung just blinked at him before pulling him into a tight hug and whispering "Please be safe Innie, I love you."

With the image of Mama Su's sad eyes at the ancients' commands and of Jisung's glistening with tears as they pulled away from their hug flashed in his mind, Jeongin pushed himself further, seeing the few lights at the entrance of a Zinnian village, his heart pounding against his chest. This is it, he can't turn back now.

But why did he feel oddly comforted by this place?

╚════════•●•════════╝