May 2, 2022: Caribbean Tour

Why is Prince Florestan diving straight into royal engagement so much sooner than previous senior working spouses?

Princess and Prince Florestan announced their engagement on April 27, and Prince Florestan has already attended several royal events and now will be doing two tours.

It took the Duchess of Cambridge three months to attend her first royal event following news of her engagement to Prince William. It took the Duchess of Sussex four days to attend her first Royal event after she and Prince Harry announced their happy news to the world.

But Prince Florestan has them beat as it took him less than twelve hours to attend his first public engagements.

There has a great deal of speculation as to why the Duke of Mazarin has undertaken his first royal visit so quickly - and it seems that it's simply down to the fact that Prince Florestan is already accustomed to royal events as he is a member of the Monegasque royal family and is one of tireless ambassadors for the Monegasque throne.

Earlier this week, Princess Claudine's spokesman, Farai Rushing, said that Florestan is really keen to get out there and meet people, connect and see the communities Claudine has been working with.

It's clear that Florestan, Kate, and Meghan, have taken different approaches to their early public outings with their Royal spouses.

Since Meghan is no longer working Royal, Kate and Florestan will, of course, face different expectations and protocols. As the wife to the third-in-line to the throne, Kate will one day be queen, and as such will need to adhere to stricter guidelines when it comes to her public appearances.

Florestan, meanwhile, will face far less scrutiny; Claudine will be bumped down the throne when any of her cousins have children, and therefore both she and Florestan have much more freedom to carve out their own path.

821,678 likes
princeflorestanmazarin Because I have a friend like you, everyday feels like a holiday. I can't wait to celebrate your birthday like it's the most important day of the year! Happy birthday, @ralphward 👍🏻
View all 3,783 comments

Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan will visit the Caribbean

Published 1 May 2022

Her Royal Highness Princess Claudine and His Serene Highness Prince Florestan, Duke of Mazarin will undertake official visits to the Realms of St Kitts and Nevis, and Guyana on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen on the occasion of the Platinum Jubilee.

Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan are honoured to be visiting the Caribbean in the year of The Queen's Platinum Jubilee, and to continue to develop The Royal Family's strong bonds with the people of these important Commonwealth countries.