June 14, 2022: Royal Ascot

This would be the first time that Florestan attended the Royal Ascot. Claudine chose to wear a beige Zimmerman dress with a matching hat by Gina Foster.

 Claudine chose to wear a beige Zimmerman dress with a matching hat by Gina Foster

Credit to Dress of a Duchess.

Florestan and Claudine got in their car, heading to Berkshire race course. As the car drove to their destination. Claudine pinned her name tag on the front of her dress and then helped Florestan pin his name tag on his suit jacket as it's customary at Royal Ascot.

They arrived at the Berkshire race course, Claudine and Florestan wouldn't ride on the carriage on Day One of Royal Ascot instead with her cousins, Beatrice and Edoardo and walked through the gates to the course with the other punters.

Beatrice chose a gorgeous summery floral dress for the occasion, which she teamed with an elegant hat, a sophisticated belt and a clutch bag bearing her initials BY - Beatrice York. Edoardo, for his part, looked dapper in a three-piece suit and black top hat.

As the quartet arrived at the course, they were swarmed by photographer as they headed over to the exclusive areas, prompting Beatrice to joke, "I'll be here all day." Claudine chuckled at her cousin's words.

Claudine ignored the cameras snapping away and the crowds loud cheers. Zara and Mike made their to way to the two couples.

"Blimey! You look captivating," Zara told Claudine.

Claudine smiled and kissed her cousin on the cheek.

"You look stunning," Claudine told Zara as Zara stunned in a purple floral dress and matching fascinator.

Charles and Camilla walked over to the sextet.

Charles gave his nieces a warm greeting as he and Camilla met their nieces with a smile and warm kisses on their cheeks.

"You look very handsome," Claudine told Charles, who, for his part, wore a gray suit and a black top hat to the outing, while his wife, Camilla, rocked a blue dress and fascinator.

The pair led the Ascot Racecourse procession in place of Queen Elizabeth II, who did not attend the first day of races.

2,891,012 likes princessclaudine 🏇 Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan along with other members of @TheRoyalFamily, attended the opening day of #RoyalAscot

2,891,012 likes
princessclaudine 🏇 Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan along with other members of @TheRoyalFamily, attended the opening day of #RoyalAscot.
View all 12,801 comments

Queen's family step out in force at Royal Ascot as she misses first day of racing

Members of the Royal Family including Prince Charles, Camilla, Princess Claudine, Princess Beatrice, Zara Tindall and Sophie Wessex were all at Royal Ascot today despite the Queen choosing not to attend the first day of the race meeting

The Queen might have decided to skip the first day of this year's Royal Ascot - but her family were still out in force at the event today.

Royals including Prince Charles, Camilla, Sophie Wessex, Princess Claudine, Prince Florestan, Princess Beatrice and Zara and Mike Tindall have all been seen enjoying their day at the races.

The royal party were led by Charles and Camilla, who took part in the traditional carriage procession along the course before racing began.

They were joined in their carriage by Princess Anne's son, Charles' nephew, Peter Phillips, with Anne following along in another carriage.

The second carriage was filled with minor members of the royal family, including the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.

Before the procession, Princess Claudine and Prince Florestan, Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, walked through the gates to the course with the other punters and were surrounded by photographers before making their way into an exclusive area.

And although they are not royal - but have a strong royal connection - the Duchess of Cambridge's mum and dad Carole and Michael Middleton were also spotted in the grandstands at Royal Ascot today.

Despite the Queen being missing from the opening day of Royal Ascot, she did pen a note for the official programme, where she hailed the event as a "thrilling" experience for racegoers.

She wrote: "After the challenges of recent times, this year's royal meeting provides a long-awaited opportunity for supporters of racing from all over the world to come together for five days of outstanding sport.

"Once again, it is thrilling that horses from around the globe have travelled to Royal Ascot to compete at the highest level."

The Queen has more than 10 horses entered over the five days of the event and, with her Windsor Castle home just a 15-minute drive away, there is still some hope that she will attend during the week.