Oblivious

« Listen Dream, what you've been through is surely tough, and I could never fully understand how hard it actually was

« Listen Dream, what you've been through is surely tough, and I could never fully understand how hard it actually was. But you Dream, you're a good person, a young kind soul, and you have your whole life ahead of you." voice monotone and firm, that's definitely the tonality of man standing his point, Dream thinks.

Dream blinked the tears away and focused on his limp hands in his lap .

Techno took that as a sign that the blond is thinking through what he was told, so he continued.

"what happened is now a past, you'll learn how to embrace it and move on, and I'm gonna make sure of it" Techno said with a stern voice that made Dream turn to face him again, he then continued " it's not gonna happen overnight, but eventually you're going to heal and finally live the life you actually deserve, but for now just don't give up on yourself, promise me you'll at least try" the doctor finished with a soft smile.

Dream seemed to be taken aback by the doctor's words of encouragement, eyes blown wide. He then blinked and smiled with a small nod "I...I promise doc, thank you"

Techno hummed with satisfaction "anytime buddy. Now, I have some news that I believe could lighten up your mood, and you look like you need that right now" Techno said jokingly.

Dream tilted his head gazed at the Pinkett's ruby eyes excitedly.

Techno thinks the blond looks like a puppy waiting for his treat, he subconsciously smiled at how accurate that was.

He cleared his throat then proceeded to explain;

"okay, so I've been discussing your treatment plan with your physiotherapist the other day" Dream hummed in excitement, slightly nodding for the doctor to carry on, so the latter did ;

"now, although your injuries were in a pretty bad condition at first, there is apparently no permanent damage to the median nerves in your wrists, meaning you'll get your movement functions gradually if you stick to the physiotherapy sessions"

And for the first time, Dream's cheeks were hugging a warm bright smile, you could tell he was delighted and relieved, and it made Techno's heart skip a beat. It was such cute sight he wished he could take a picture and frame it.

It was one of the reasons Techno went for medical school in the first place, being able to change lives, to help people gain back their physical and emotional wellbeing, it's almost like preforming godly miracles.

Techno smiled and continued "if everything goes accordingly, you'll be discharged very shortly. You'll have to do a few checkups every now and then, and stick to your physiotherapy sessions but other than that you'll finally be able to go home and get rid of the hospital's unappetizing food".