Devil Inheritance

(the time line of this story takes place after the wano arc since my memory is very blurry on that arc and the ones before that T^T)

'blood is thicker than water, eh?' (y/n) thought.

"do you know the term 'blood is thicker than water' actually originates that blood is thicker than womb water that essentially, and actually meant that blood doesn't matter?" her dad babbled.

"you're talking shit again, dad"

"hoho, but it's a good shit (y/n)" he laughed, in contrast to his daughter's cold voice.

Or personality.

"you've got that wrong, so... So wrong..." her father said as he reads the newspaper while drinking some black coffee.

"oh come on! Then what does it mean?"

"I don't know"

"see?!"

....

Law stared at her eyes for three minutes now.

Just seeing her eyes were so mesmerizing.

She's got that 'weird' genetic disorder, not exactly a disorder since it was never even seen before, a 'disorder' where her eyes were both (e/c eye color) on top that slowly fades to a much blood crimson red.

At some point of time, those colors glow in the dark, as if a predator seeing an enemy in the dark.

Law actually made a ridiculous request of wanting to examine her eyes if they were real or fake.

He was... Surprised, surprised is an understatement, he was astonished.

Her eyes were indeed real, her eyes, not only was it two toned, but it was mixed!

Her mixed eyes make her so rare that in her childhood, many try to kidnap her to try to sell her to scientists.

Which, in turn, would be a lot of money.

But (y/n)'s parents were professionals in the first place when it comes to 'kidnapping' that they know the possible ways of kidnap.

Candy? 'I know your dad' scheme? 'come here! I have ice cream!' scheme? No, they always knew that.

Speaking of which, (y/n) now always covers her eyes for it with a black blindfold when out in public.

Law was somewhat.... Defeated by it.

Why? He doesn't know himself.

But when just in the sub, (y/n) had her blindfolds off and tied to her wrist.

Actually, her eyes aren't the only thing beautiful about her.

It's her accent, her body flexibility, her speed, everything about her was beautiful.

As if she was made to be an actual perfect doll.

She would follow what she was instructed to, follows orders very perfectly, and even has a flawless ring to it.

Whoever this girl's parents are, they must be so proud of her.

Although (y/n) acted so coldly, marines avoid her because of, well... Ehem, boa Hancock's belief, Ehem.

(y/n), without her eyes shown, was beautiful.

Some say she could rival boa Hancock herself!

Some actually observed her work, interact with her, and somehow, she managed to make them agree to her point.

But what really intrigued law, even everyone that met her, is that she wears gloves.

Black leather, or even cloth gloves.

She always wears them

Her cold and threatening aura as well was questioned.

How can she, someone who wears blindfolds and can't stare an enemy down, can intimidate, scare, and even threaten an enemy even with just her looking at their direction?

Law asked her how she did this, she just answered with a small:

"I don't know"

Why does she not know? She does it on a daily basis, how do you not know?

"because I don't know"

And when law asked to examine her eyesight for his 'research' on her eyes, he discovered that she can see better in the dark and can sense movement through the walls itself!

The only downside by this is that, it is so sensitive to brightness that she doesn't even turn her lights on!

And she constantly have to be on guard of herself due to her eyes picking up movement through the walls.

She can see them but she doesn't know who it is.

Law was surprised, shocked, whatever he wants to say that her eyes are not only beautiful, but also very useful.

"why are you staring at me?" her cold, dark voice asked as law snapped back to reality.

"huh? I'm waiting for your eyes to glow... Why do they do that though?" law asked as (y/n) hummed and turned to him slightly.

The (e/c) part of her eyes glowed and left the red part in the dark

"woah! How do you do that?!" law questioned as (y/n) sighed and closed her eyes.

"I don't know... I just can"

"oh? Why so?"

"I just... I just. Can. Alright? Now stop bugging me since I've been trying to read this fucking book for half an hour now..." (y/n) grunted as she narrowed her eyes a bit due to the light in the lounge.

"shachi-ya, can you close the lights?" law asked as shachi nodded and closed it.

The sea was bright enough to lighten the room a bit.

"thank you, captain..." (y/n) rubbed her eyes.

"does it hurt when the place is too bright?" law asked

"yes, it stings my eyes... It's like you staring at the sun"

"ah, I see" he nods

Law leaned back and stared outside.

They were sitting on a long, white couch opposite of a big glass window that let the light in, behind them was the two double doors, an exit for the room itself and unto the dim lit hallways.

On the left side of the room was a door that has a 'warehouse' inside that keeps their entertainment.

Which is just a few board games and video games, maybe a movie for their 'movie night' or whatever...

(y/n) sat on the far end of the couch while law was about ten inches away from her.

She looked up from the book and the site of a messy lounge room hurts her eyes.

Multiple comic books, magazines... 18+ stuff, and Manga were scattered everywhere.

Hanging on the seats, the floor, even at the bootom of the bookcase that covered practically the whole room

"do they know how to clean? Ugh... I just cleaned this place yesterday"

"they're men, ikkaku-ya gave up soon, too" law chuckled.

"you're also a man so does that mean you're a messy person too?" (y/n) asked as he hummed.

"no, no I am not"

"oh, surely... No wonder your office looked like a hurricane just went through it by the amount of paper anyone had to skip just to get to your desk"

"oh please it's not that bad" he hummed, "actually... I'll go on a lim here and uh... Yeah, I'm going to clean my office now... Bye" law hummed and left.