Chapter 4

Waking up, you noticed Bruce wasn't beside you. You sighed knowing he was probably working.

You put on a robe and went into the living room, but noticed Bruce moving a table to the side.

"Um, what are you doing?" You asked leaning on the wall, watching as he moved the table.

"Good morning to you too," Bruce said, continuing to move the table.

"Just asking, that's all," you said rolling your eyes. "Sorry, just trying to lay everything out."

He laid out pictures, spray painted on the floor too.

You noticed your fathers name, spray painted in white, pictures with him and another girl around the name.

You walked over to the pictures and bent over to pick one up.

A picture of him and a girl, leaving the Ice burg lounge.

This couldn't be.

So many questions ran through your head.

Was he cheating on your mom at the time? Was that where he was on late nights? Was he business dealing with Penguin or Falcone?

"Who is she?"

Bruce looked over to you, seeing that you found the picture he wished you never saw.

"Annika."

"Oh."

You sat the picture back down on the ground, seeing that there was more pictures of him.

"I always thought he was a good person. A person that would read me stories at night, the one who would take me to his work, but clearly I was wrong," you said, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. I know I promised to tell you everything about his death case, maybe I just couldn't tell you this," he said giving you a kiss on your head.

"It's okay."

You saw more words in spray paint. 'THE SINS OF MY FATHER?' And another, 'RENEWAL IS A LIE'.

You remembered what your father said about a renewal project.

"If I'm being honest, all of his years as mayor, it wasn't really true," you stated.

"What?" Bruce asked looking at you.

"The renewal project, it wasn't true at all," you confirmed.

He sighed. "I'm going to go look at some files and run some errands. I'll ask Alfred if he can make you some tea."

"Okay, stay safe," you said giving him a kiss.

You went up to his bedroom and showered. After showering, you put on a white blouse with a black tweed skirt and slipped on your black prada loafers.

You grabbed your birkin and your car keys.

You went into the kitchen seeing that Alfred, in time, just finished your tea.

"Thank you Alfred for the tea. I'll be pouring it in a bottle since i'm heading out," you said.

"Oh alright!" He replied pouring it in a bottle for you.

"Thank you," you said. He nodded while smiling.

You grabbed the bottle and went out the sat to get in your car.