Chapter 5

Bruce sighed as he took out the tape.

"I need to go see Alfred now."

"Okay," you said grabbing your purse.

"Don't be too harsh on him, okay?"

He shrugged, "maybe he deserves it."

Your eyebrows furrowed, not sure how to respond back to him.

You rolled your eyes. "Maybe he had a good reason why not to tell you the truth," you shrugged.

"I doubt that," he replied.

"Okay then."

"I'll see you later," Bruce said, kissing your cheek. "Be careful out there."

"Always."

You chuckled, and went up to Bruce's room.

You changed into a black silky long sleeve and long black silky pants.

You brushed your teeth and did your nightly skincare routine.

Yawning, you went to your side of the bed and got under the covers.

Not long after, you drifted off to sleep.

3rd POV

As the police just got a call from a witness about possibly seeing the riddler at a diner, they rushed immediately to the diner.

Armed officers approached the outside of the diner, getting ready to shoot in case anything spontaneous happens. Knowing Gotham, it was most likely to happen.

After finally waiting, the police entered the dinner. "Police! Hands up!"

A man with dirty blonde hair, a blue trench coat with clear glasses was awaiting at the diner, as if he knew he would get caught this very moment.

"He said put your hands up," Gordon stated.

He put his hands up then slowly turned his stool to face the officers with guns pointing in his face.

"I just ordered a slice of pumpkin pie-" he began but got caught off by an officer slamming him onto the counter, cuffing his hands.

"Stay still! Now!"

What caught the man's glance was a shadow appearing outside of the diner, soon to realize it was his target.

Batman.

He gave him a smile before the police pulled out his wallet, revealing two different ID'S.

"Which one is you?" An officer asked, showing two ID's with the same picture but different names.

"You tell me," the man said, gleefully laughing.

"Let's go pencil-neck," the officer said, grabbing the man, exiting the dinner.

Police men swarmed the apartment that belonged to Edward Nashton, or as most people know him as, the riddler.

Stacks of books filled the apartment. Police men searched through all of them, taking awhile since there was a room filled of them.

A cage of bats also took up space of the apartment. Most of them were bats except for one.

"I think that bat likes you man," Gordon said sarcastically.

"This one's not a bat."

Gordon and another officer looked towards the cage that was mostly filled with rats.

A bat hung upside down, screeching violently. The bat caught the officers and batman's attention.

"What is that?"