Diary Entry #1. When it happened

I'm what most would call obnoxious and overly curious, like a toddler saying "Why?" Constantly. As a child there were many things I questioned that people found laughable. One of those strange questions that really stuck with me was something like"Time waits for no one and marches on without stop. Does time ever get tired of marching?"
Most would say that this is a absolutely stupid question, it is, but as it turns out 10 years later on July 27th I found out the truth.

I woke up around 2:18am. Everything was silent, which was unusual for New York even at this time. There was this uncanny feeling, but I shook it off as me waking up from a nightmare that I was unable to remember. I drowsily made my way into the kitchen for an late night snack, even though it was technically early in the morning.
As I was leaving the kitchen after finishing my quest for a bag of Doritos and shredded cheese, I glanced towards my father sleeping on the couch, probably due to another fight with my mother. My parents loved to have screaming matches about nearly everything, hence why this was a common occurrence.

After finishing my snack in my bedroom I decided to take a walk to clear my head, despite my father's insistence that I shouldn't leave the house between 11pm and 6am. I put on my shoes, not bothering with socks.

As I made my way out the front door of the apartment complex my eyes went wide and I nearly tumbled down the three front steps. It took me a moment to take in what I was seeing. There were cars parked all down the street, people standing on the sidewalk unmoving and unblinking. Almost as if time had stopped. Thoughts raced through my head  Am I dead?