Chapter 14

Luna!

She was flipping through the pages of the earlier manga she had bought. Kaiba was so merciless and right out murderous back then. Not only Kaiba though, Yugi as well.

Luna!

Things were so wild before Yu-Gi-Oh! decided to focus on the card game. Still, she enjoyed it quite a bit. She wondered if she could get her hands on all of the manga for her collection one day. But as she lay on her yellow flower patterned bed, she remembered that she already did own all of the OG manga of Yu-Gi-Oh!. Didn't she?

Luna! Come on, don't die on me!

Sitting up, she touched her bed sheets. The softness of it had always brought her comfort as a child. But it had been a few years already since she had moved out of her parents' place.

Luna!

"Mom?" She wondered as she got up, off of her bed and walked towards her childhood bedroom door.

She is breathing, you idiot. She isn't dead.

As she approached the door, her desire to simply stay in that room and go back to bed increased. She could just take a nap, after all. When was the last time that she had done that?

Why isn't she waking up then?

But for whatever reason, she forced herself to put her hand around the doorknob.

How should I know? Do I look like a doctor?

The cold metal knob felt unpleasant in her hand. Despite that, she felt like she had to go through that door. But why? Why couldn't she just go back to bed? Her soft, warm, comfortable, and ultimately safe bed.

If you don't wake up, our deal is done, Luna. I will murder everyone here, I swear to Ra. Hey! Calm down, I was just seeing if she would wake up! What's wrong with you?

She couldn't remember why, or even what difference that would make. But she knew people depended on that. But what people?

What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you!

Right through that door, that's where she belonged.

Will all of you shut up!

With that thought, she turned the knob and opened the door.

"I'm just saying, it's just a matter of ti-" Joey sure sounded flared up.

"Shush, I think she's waking up!" Jaden's voice was somehow softer.

"Luna?" Marik sounded- worried?

She opened her eyes with some effort. It was too bright. But she could see Jaden's and Marik's faces hovering over hers. The fact that they were still in the building came back to her as she saw the destroyed ceiling past their faces.

"Give her some space, guys!" Mokuba chimed in as his face also appeared in her field of vision and held up four fingers. "Are you okay? How many fingers do you see?"

Luna blinked a few times and tried to sit up but a killer headache stopped her mid motion and made her close her eyes shut.

"Oh no! What's wrong?" Mokuba asked.

"I can help." Someone with a thin, weak voice said.

She felt a cold hand on her forehead, and when Luna opened her eyes once again, Bakura was smiling at her.

"Get off of me." Luna moved his hand away and effortfully sat up.

"Wow, how did you do that, Bakura?" Mokuba asked.